Chapter 22

Harry's POV

She said it. Michela told me she loved me. Again. There was no way to take it back, I knew how she felt now. But what made me feel worse was that I couldn't say the words back. Although I wanted to, so badly it physically hurt, I couldn't. There was no way to know if she could handle it.

She hadn't come home yet, and it had been hours. The amount of times I called and texted her were incredibly high, and I knew that she had definitely gone to Louis's house when the clock ticked eight.

Once again, I listened to the short, shrill rings of my phone trying to connect to Michela's, but of course, I got left with her voice mail.

"Hey, it's Michela. I can't answer the phone, so leave a message and I'll try to call you back." She sounded so tired. I had memorized the message due to the many times I had called and got no answer.

"Mick, it's me. I know that you're angry with me, and that I fucked up, but if you come home, I'll tell you everything, I promise. I just hate that you're mad at me. Please, come home." I hung up, throwing the phone on the bed before carelessly falling on the sheets. Her bed was much larger than mine, but I found myself sleeping in it every night, with or without her. Her scent filled my head, swimming around and evading my thoughts.

She smelled like shampoo and her perfume. She used this one called "Tease" and it truly lived up to it's name. Thoughts of her teased me, her smell teased me, she teased me. I couldn't get enough of her. All of the items I pulled out of the box was still lying on the floor.

A picture that caught my eye was one of the happier ones. It was Manny and Mick, smiling as best they could together. She looked happier than I had seen her in a while, as those times go. I remember Mick, before she finally lost it all. She had been doing so good our senior year, putting on a good face. We all knew she was still having some problems, but it wasn't severe.

But when she decided to move, that was when it got bad. Our relationship had been touchy. One step forward, two steps back, as always. But it wasn't my fault, what happened the night she finally left. It was Hannah. But for the love of God, I still had no idea why. The sight of her sent Michela into a fit of anger, then insanity. She to this day had no recollection of this day, but we knew not to tell her. It would only bring up bad memories.

I drifted off thinking of Mick when we were okay.

____

"Harry, wake up dude." I shrugged a hand from my shoulder, rolling into the covers. For a moment, I really thought Michela was there, laying with me, but when I rolled over once again, feeling no other bodies but my own. "Harry, get the fuck up."

Louis began to shake me, forcing me to open my eyes. He was smiling, but I could tell he had been up a while, maybe all night.

"What the fuck Lou? What do you want?"

"We gotta tell her." I shook my head, pushing myself up to sit on the edge of the bed.

"No, we can't. She can't handle that right now."

"No, not that Harry. The other thing. About Zayn."

"Ha. You're pretty fucking funny." I stood up, picking up the papers still on the floor and putting them back in the box I retrieved them from and put them away. Louis watched intently, not bothering to interrupt me. "Lou, we can't lay all that stuff on her right now."

"Yeah, but maybe it'll lead her away from the stuff she really can't know. She misses her family Harry, I feel terrible. If she knew-"

"She can't know. She'll never know." The final tone I used made it clear to Louis that we were done talking about it. I stalked out of the room, Louis close behind me. "Did she stay at your place last night?"