Chapter 27

Don't forget to vote!

Harry's POV

"Michela, three days before you really lost it, I asked you to marry me." I tightened my grip on her shoulders, knowing that any second she would pass out with the information given to her. "And you said yes." Her eyes shut and she went limp in my arms. I sighed, pulling her in my lap. I knew it would only be for two or three minutes, but it still felt like a lifetime to wait before I found out if she remembered. 

Going into this conversation, I knew this information would come out, and I knew there was a chance she wouldn't feel the same way she did before. I knew the day she left for Arizona she may never feel the same way she felt again, and that made my chest hurt. The possibility that the one person I'm in love with may never love me back again. Thoughts of how much easier it would of been if I would of let her go evade my mind, but I push them away, hoping that she'll wake up. 

She began to stir in my arms after a few beats, but before I could get out any words, her phone rang. I picked up, looking around to see that it was dark out around us. 

"Hello?" 

"Harry?" Michael's voice sounded confused, and I knew it was because I answered Michela's phone. 

"Hey man, we're coming to get you right now." 

"Where's Mickey?" 

"She fell asleep Michael. We'll be there in fifteen minutes." I hung up before he could answer, hauling Michela off the ground with me. She opened her eyes, looking at me with confusion. "Hi baby." 

"Harry? Where are we going?" 

"We have to go pick up Michael, then I'll take you both home." She shook her head, pushing off me. I held her closer, but she continued to fight me, pushing my shoulders. "What are you doing?" 

"I can't believe you'd keep that from me. Let me go!" She thrashed her legs and I adjusted her so she was over my shoulder. She continued to hit my back, screaming at me about how upset she was, but I just ignored her. I buckled her in her seat in silence. She kept muttering useless insults to me, but I tried to tune her out. There was no point in having both of us angry. 

We pulled up to find Michael waiting outside with a woman, jumping around with a toy. Michela unbuckled her seatbelt, jogging over to them. She shook the woman's hand, and even if I could only see her back, I knew she was laughing. I tapped on the steering wheel, anxious to get back. Michael ran up to Michela, wrapping his arms around her legs. She rested her hand on his head, and soon the were both waving to the woman who walked back into Charlie Cheese or some shit, and walked back to us. Michael got into the car first, with Michela's help, and began to tell me about his adventures. 

We were about half way home when he asked a question that made me listen to him. "Are you and Mickey a couple?" I felt Michela's eyes on me, and I knew I had to answer the question. 

"Why would you say that?" 

"Because Ramy's mommy said you guys have always been a cute couple." 

"Yes Michael, we are a couple." 

"Are you going to get married?" Michela visibly tensed, and I knew that Michael hit the sore subject. I stopped the car on the side of the road, putting us into park. Michela rubbed her hands on her thighs. 

"Michael, where is this coming from?" Michela finally spoke. 

"Ramy's mommy said that she thought you guys were getting married soon, and that Mickey deserved to be happy." He paused, scooting up in his car seat the installed in my car. "Do you Mickey?"