Chapter 1: Love Like You (A)

Lapis Lazuli threw her last punch at the cement filled bag and then slid down to the floor, exhausted. Peridot and Pearl walked into the barn. Pearl said, "Wow. It looks like you're trying to murder Jasper, with her chains and all." Lapis rolled her eyes and tried not to punch Pearl herself. Peridot saw Lapis's face and poked Pearl in the side, trying to shut her up. But Pearl just kept babbling. Then Lapis grabbed Peridot's hand and pulled her. She dragged Peridot and ran, just ran, not caring where. She stopped at the pond, her spot. She dipped a toe in, then full out entered the water. She sat, crying. Peridot remarked, "Uh, nice spot, Lapis." Lapis just nodded.

Lapis felt shackles and chains on her wrists. She felt anger come over her. Lapis screamed. "Dang, Lapis," Peridot said. Then she saw her friend's wrists. "Ohhhh." Peridot scampered into the water and helped Lapis up. Lapis pulled her arms and the looked to her barn-mate for help, ashamed of her vulnerability. Peridot remarked, "Just pretend Yellow Diamond just insulted your great-grandma." Lapis looked puzzled. "What's a great-grandma?" Peridot shrugged. "I read a book from Pearl's room, also known as Rose Quartz's shrine, and it had something about a great-grandma, and she was nice. I rather liked the great grandma. But if Yellow Diamond insults someone like your great grandma, then I'd be holding you back, being the chains. All you've gotta do is break free from me, c'mon."

Lapis nodded. She pulled and pulled. Finally, the chains snapped. Lapis ran to Peridot, picked her up, and spun her around. "Peridot, you saved me." Peridot kicked and twisted, but the little gremlin was no match for Lapis Lazuli. "Okay, I'll never call you a crusty blue clod again, if you'll just put me down." Lapis put Peridot down. "Okay, SIKE!!!!!" Lapis grabbed Peridot by the ankles and put her on her shoulders. Lapis began to run back to the barn with Peridot on her shoulders. Peridot grumbled, but you could tell she was having fun. Lapis laughed, not having a care in the world. It was the first time she even smiled, let alone laugh, in a while. With her best friend on her shoulders and freedom from her chains, she was invincible.

HALLO!!!!!!!!!! To read the second chapter, Stronger Than You, go to kamielovebeingleo. She is writing that chapter and please please write comments. Thanks! Luv ya! Follow her, by the way.