-.*.- 6 months later -.*.-

Z and Nick had become very good friends over the past months.

Nick awoke to a bird pecking on the window. He fixed the window a while ago to help keep the shed warmer. He sat up on his bed. His bed was two haystacks pushed together. He looked over at Z and saw she was fast asleep on her bed. He smiled, She is so pretty and peaceful when she's sleeping. Z's emerald green eyes shot open as if she could feel his gaze on her. She gave him a questioning look and he laughed. She smiled and stood up. She pulled her long, dirty blonde hair up into a messy bun. Nick pulls his shirt on. His dark brown hair was a mess, his light blue eyes were full of life. Nick saw Z blush.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Z smiled, "Bread and jam, or jam and bread?"

"How about we go steal some eggs," Nick said.

"Okay," Z said, "Let's go."

They left the shed and eventually got to town. They were headed to the egg shop when Nick stopped dead in his tracks. He pulled Z behind a building and put his finger on his lips. Z nodded and peeked around the corner. She whipped her head back to Nick. They started to walk around the back of the building when everything went dark.

Z awoke with a throbbing pain in her head. Nick woke up next to Z.

"Where are we?" Z asked, sitting up.

"The castle," Nick said, also sitting up.

"Why are we at the castle?" Z asked, "And why are we in a bedroom instead of the dungeon?"

"I have no idea," Nick said looking around.

The doorknob turned and Queen Daniella walked in. Z looked at Nick and saw his color washed away. The queen walked over to Nick and gave him a hug.

"I'm so glad I finally found you," The queen said to him, "I've been worried sick."

Nick just sat on the bed, still as a statue and Z sat quietly, hoping the queen wouldn't notice her.

"Well I'll let you guys clean up, Lunch is at one," Queen Daniella said. She walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

"What was all that about?" Z asked.

"Is there anything you haven't told me?" Nick asked, "If there is tell me right now."

"Well, my name is Hazel. Z just sounds cooler," Z said, "What about you? Have you got anything to tell me?"

"Ummm," Nick started, "You have to promise not to freak out or especially beat me up."

Z raised an eyebrow and said, "I'll decide after you tell me."

Nick laughed nervously and said, "I-I'm the missing prince."

"What?!" Z yelled, "How could you not tell me?!"

"Because I didn't want to be the prince. After my father died my mother married my wicked uncle who kept trying to kill me," Nick said.

"That still doesn't give you any right to lie to me," Z said. She punched his shoulder, hard.

"Owww! It's not like you didn't lie to me either," Nick said with a loud voice.

"My name was so not as big as you being prince," Z yelled.

"You're right," Nick said in a low voice, "I'm sorry."

Z was surprised to hear him apologize.

"I'm sorry too," Z said in almost a whisper, "I shouldn't have lied to you either."

"We should clean up," Nick said, "Mother hates when I'm late."

"Do you have any clothes I can wear," Z asked.

"In that closet," Nick said.

He pointed at a closet on the far end of the room. Z slid off the bed and walked over to it. Z looked back at Nick. He was walking into another room. Probably the bathroom, she thought. Z looked through the closet until she found a black t-shirt. She smiled because black was her favorite color. She then found a pair of gray sweats. Z changed into the clothes she found. She was way smaller than Nick, so the clothes were huge on her. Nick walked out of the bathroom, without a shirt on. Z felt heat rush up her face. Why am I blushing? I've seen Nick without a shirt on before.

Nick smiled at her and started walking towards her. She froze. She noticed he had a fresh shave and cut his hair. He walked passed her and went to the closet. She sighed in relief and walked into the bathroom. It was huge! She looked at herself in the mirror her face had spots of dirt and her hair was a mess. She washed her face, then she found a comb and brushed her hair out. She left it down for a second to look at herself again. She looked reasonable, not so crazy looking. Z looked through the drawers and found a wrapped up toothbrush unused. Finishing brushing her teeth she started to french braid her hair. When she finished the braid went all the way down her back. She looked in the mirror one last time. Her emerald eyes and freckles stood out. She nodded in approval and walked back into the bedroom. Nick was waiting for her by the door. He had changed into a blue t-shirt and jeans.

"You look beautiful," Nick said with a smile.

Is he flirting with me?, Z thought.

"Whatever doofus," Z said with a laugh, "Let's go."