XII

Nick ripped out of the guards' grip and lunged for the King. The rest of the guards tackled him and pinned him down. The king walked over to him and grinned.

"Goodnight, Nicholas," King Harold kicked Nick's face and everything went black.

Z woke up against a cold stone wall, her cheek still throbbed where King Harold punched her. Standing up she saw bars and walked towards them. Her leg was pulled and she fell, her face fell into the bars. She looked back at her foot and saw a chain that was hooked to the wall. She pushed off of the bars and looked around. What am I doing in the dungeon? Z thought. She heard footsteps coming from the stairs and quickly laid against the wall. King Herald, two guards, Nick, and a masked man came down the stairs. The two guards were pushing Nick forward, following the masked man and the king. They stopped in front of her cell and The king pulled out keys.

"I know you're awake peasant," King Harold said rudely, "Get up."

Z didn't move. The king nods his head at the guards. The guards grabbed Z's arms and forced her up. Z was too weak to fight back. One guard unlocked the chain that held her foot to the wall. The Guards practically dragged Z out of the cell. When they came out of the cell Nick ran for Z. The masked man took out his sword and pointed at Nick's back.

"One more step and I'll run you through," The mask man said.

Why does that voice sound so familiar? Z thought. She looked at Nick. He was staring at her, his look was asking if she was okay. She nodded telling him she was fine. Nick smiled.

"Guards!" King Herald shouted.

"Yes sir," The guards called out.

"Take the prisoner to the room. I want you to go with them," King Herald said looking at the mask man. "I want to speak to my 'son' alone."

The masked man nodded and led guards with Z away.

After the guards left with Z. Nick looked at his stepfather.

"What did you need to talk to me about that you couldn't say in front of them?" Nick asked.

"I'm giving you one last chance to change your mind about marrying Princess Victoria," King Herald.

"I told you once, I'll tell you a million times I won't marry Princess Victoria," Nick said angrily.

"Alright, whatever happens next is from you not me," King herald said very calming.

Nick raised one of his eyebrows. King Herald started walking towards a hallway.

"Aren't you coming?" King Herald

"Um, yeah," Nick said hesitantly, following his stepfather.