VII

Z awoke to a knock on the door. She sat up on her bed. She was staying in a guest room in the west wing. She slid off the bed and walked over to the door. She opened the door and found Nick smiling.

"Good morning sunshine," Nick laughed, "Nice hair."

"I didn't get ready yet doofus," Z smirked, "In fact I'll go do that."

"Well hurry," Nick said, "I have a big day planned."

Z rolled her eyes and walked into the bathroom. She looked into the mirror. She was still wearing Nick's clothes and her hair was in a very messy braid. She closes the door, takes the braid out, and takes her clothes off. She gets in the bath and sighs. She forgot what a bath felt like. When she was clean she dried off and wrapped herself in a towel. She walked out of the bathroom and froze. Nick was sitting on her bed.

"Do you mind!" Z said angrily.

Nick laughed and said, "Fine then."

He walked out of the room and closed the door. Z walked over to the closet. Every. Shirt. Was. Pink.

"Are you kidding me!" Z screamed.

Z grabbed a pair of gray jeans and stormed back into the bathroom. She grabbed Nick's black t-shirt and changed. Z found a comb and untangle her hair. She pulled her hair into a ponytail and walked out the door into the hallway. Nick was leaning against the wall. He smiled when he saw her.

"Are you finally ready," Nick said, "Is that my shirt."

"Almost everything in my closet was pink, what was I supposed to do?" Z laughed.

Nick laughed and said, "Come on, let me show you around the castle."

"Can we eat first?" Z asked.

"We'll go to the kitchen, I'd like to avoid Princess Victoria as much as I can," Nick said.

"Lead the way," Z said.

Nick smiled and offered her his arm. She took it and they headed to the kitchen.

On their way they went through a hallway with a bunch of pictures. They stopped in front of a painting of a man. He was very handsome. He had blue eyes and dark brown hair. Infact, he looked a lot like Nick.

"Is that your father?" Z asked.

"Yes," Nick said. Z could hear sadness threaded in his voice so she looked up at him. His eyes were filled sadness and loss. A tear slipped down his cheek.

"I'm so sorry Nick," Z said.

"He was a good man," Nick said, "We should go to the kitchen before they run out of food."

When they walked into the kitchen when a short, plump woman walks up to them.

"Where have you been? You're too skinny! Both of you! Eat!" She yelled.

Nick laughed, "Z this is our chef, Mrs. Smith. Mrs. Smith, This is my bestfriend Z"

"Hello dear," Mrs. Smith said, "You need to eat. Come."

Mrs. Smith led us to a large pantry. She opened it and handed Nick a basket. Nick held it open while Mrs. Smith stuffed it with pastries. Nick then thanked her and led Z back into the hallway.

Nick took Z to the garden where there was a blanket setup. After Nick set the basket down he looked around.

"I think we are hidden enough," Nick said.

Z laughed and sat down. Nick sat next to Z, giving her a smile. He took the food out of the basket. While they ate someone was calling out for Nick.

"Who's that?" Z asked.

Nick shrugged his shoulders. The person called for Nick again. They turned their heads to where it came from and saw Princess Victoria turn the corner towards them.

"Prince Nicholas, I have been looking everywhere for you," she said.

"Joy," Nick said sarcastically, "Well you've found me, what do you want."

"Your father has sent me to spend the day with you," Victoria said.

"Actually, I'm spending the day with Z," Nick said

"Z? What kind of pathetic name is that?" victoria said Flipping her hair that was now in tight curls.

"Nice to meet you too," Z said in an annoyed voice.

"Is this a picnic?" Victoria asked. She sat down on the other side of Nick.

"Get lost Victoria," Nick said.

Victoria looked very angry.

"That is no way to treat your fiance," Victoria said matter of factly.

"To be fair I never actually proposed to you," Nick said, "And I'm not planning to." He started gathering the food back into the basket.

Victoria gasped and stormed off. Z burst out laughing.

"Burn!" Z yelled.

"Shh she'll hear you and tell my mother," Nick said with a small laugh.

"But you gotta admit it was pretty great," Z said.

"It was, wasn't it," Nick said.

They burst out laughing. After they finally calmed down, Nick took Z to the training room.