Family

Hello everyone!
Before we start, I'd just like to give you a heads up that this is probably the last chapter before the epilogue.
*****
"Manang Puring? 'Eto na po yung pinapa--" Richard had entered the Mendoza house a week after Maine and the kids had moved back in.

"RJ." Maine said with an awkward stance. She was in the kitchen, and was about to go upstairs to get the kids for lunch when he entered.

"Maine." He said with a smile. He approached Maine and gave her a hug, which took her a while to respond to.

"Na-miss kita." He said quietly. Right then and there, Maine's tears had started to flow. She missed this man dearly, and seeing after more than two years definitely brought back the feelings that she had kept locked inside her heart.

"Huy, ba't ka umiiyak?" Richard had asked with a small laugh, but some tears had also fallen down on his cheeks.

"Sino umaway sa'yo?" He said jokingly while stroking her hair.

"Ikaw. Ikaw nagpaiyak eh." She said. Sh hugged him tightly as she ever could, and that earned a chuckle from the man.

"Daddy." Charmaine and Athena had said with a smile on their faces as they ran to their father. Seb had come down as well and had discreetly rolled his eyes at his sisters' over reaction.

"Girls." He muttered, but the two seemed to hear him.

"Wow, Sebastian! Parang ikaw rin hindi ka nakayakap kay daddy, ano? Ano 'to? Paki-explain!" Athena had said as she tapped on Seb's arm.

"Pake niyo." He said. Their parents had chuckled at the childish banter and continued to hug each other tighter than they ever could.

This just proved that family would never be teared apart.