-6-

I awake to the sound of traffic outside and an excruciating headache. Sun filters through the partially open, faded drapes, my eyes shut faster than they've ever shut in my life.

Where am I?

A feeling of dread washes over me. I finally work up the courage to open them again. Outside the window I see the sun rising over the busy street.

This is definitely not my hotel.

The sound of breathing is coming from behind me. I cringe, trying to remember what happened last night.

The last thing I remember is grabbing the nugget. My stomach turns and bubbles, how did I get here?

Quickly, I roll over to see a pair of green eyes staring at me from behind a curtain of pale blond hair.

I shriek, pulling the blankets over my eyes.

"You're okay, it's just me."

My thoughts race. I realize I'm nearly naked and ashamed does not even begin to describe how I feel. A hand gently pulls the blankets from my face, the boy smiles.

"Don't worry, we didn't do anything."

Taking a closer look, I realize it's Gladion.

I don't remember this happening!

His un-styled hair makes him appear very different, softening his sharp jaw line. He looks friendly...almost.

Gladion pulls some hair behind his ear and rests his elbow on the pillow.

"Well, if we didn't do anything then why am I naked?" I ask sheepishly

"Your clothes got soaked during the Pokemon battle. Don't you remember anything from last night, Cup Cake?"

He laughs a little and shakes his head, which makes me feel a little better.

"Not much I guess..." It finally dawns in my foggy mind that he is naked too! "Well, why are you naked!?"

"You threw up on me," he says bluntly.

I just want to burry my head in the sand. Quickly, I sit up to find my clothes, but the room starts spinning.

His ice-cold hands lower me back down on the bed, "Slow down. You're going to be sick for a while, five shots is enough to make anybody miserable, let alone a girl your size. I texted your friends for you, they think you met up with an old friend last night. Sort of the truth I guess," he snickers, pressing his crooked finger against his lip.

"I just checked out the clothes and they are still really wet. It's very early right now and I could really use some more sleep - plus I don't think you're ready to be going anywhere just yet. However, If I'm going to get any sleep at all, you might want to share the blankets with me. I've been freezing since you ralfed on my clothes."

I struggle to fix the comforter, but it's too tangled and I'm too sick. Gladion slips out for a moment to remake the bed. I advert my eyes, trying with all my might not to get caught looking at his unclothed body.

He climbs back in bed and pulls the blankets up to his chin. I close my eyes and try to go back to sleep, but the thin sheets and worn out comforter aren't offering much warmth.

I inch a little closer to him, hoping to get some of his body heat. I rub my feet together trying to generate some of my own, but it still isn't enough, so I inch a tiny bit closer.

Unexpectedly, our bare skin touches at the shoulders.

I pull away quickly and let out a fake snore, hoping he didn't notice my encroachment. Suddenly, his arm scoops under my pillow and he turns his body towards me. I take as it a welcome to scoot in a little closer.