-19-

My room fills with the pitter-patter of heavy rain hitting the roof of the motel. Turning on the TV, I hope to catch the weather report. I flip through the channels until I find a new station.

The meteorologist stands in front of the green screen map of Ula'ula island, pointing to a large storm system looming over the island. The Castform animation turns to its water type form and drizzles large blue drops all over the map.

"I guess we will be spending the day in our motel," I say to Arcanine as I brush its thick fur.

I groan, not looking forward to spending the day cooped up inside.

After yesterday, the thought of spending the day indoors, dwelling on my feelings seems almost unbearable.

I pull out my phone to text Lillie, asking if her and Hau want to come by my room and watch a movie. They are just next door, so I expect them to join me.

A few minutes pass and I hear a knock on the door. I let them in and close the door tight behind me. Hau takes Raichu down from his shoulders and waves to it before returning it to its ball, Lillie peers out the window with a long face.

"I feel so bad for them," she says softly, still gazing out the window.

"Feel bad for who? I ask, moving towards the window.

Gordon and his Nintales are out in the rain, struggling to get their tent back up, it must have caved in from the heavy rain. My eyes burn with tears as I watch them, Gordon is so weak he can hardly stand in the wind.

"We should all pitch in and get those two a room for today," Hau says in a very serious tone, "I can't sit in here knowing they are out in this storm without shelter."

Hau counts up our money and leaves for few minutes to buy the room.

A few moments pass, and then, through the rain we see Hau talking to Gordon. He helps him gather up what's left of his tent and carries it to the motel.

As they grow closer, I can hear Gordon coughing and gaging, he seems to be very sick. It can't be easy on one's body, living in the elements for so many years.

Lillie and I sit there in silence until Hau returns.

"Sorry it took so long, I had to go back to our room and change. Gordon and Ninetales are all settled in. He couldn't have been more thankful," Hau sniffs, his nose is red and runny.

I go to the bathroom to get Hau a towel for his hair, having a wet head is only going to make his cold worse.

Hau dries his hair and goes to grab his backpack that he left by the door. He opens it up, pulling out lots of drinks and snacks to share. We sit the bed and watch movies for most of the afternoon.

___________________

My phone buzzes on the nightstand and Hau reaches over and grabs it for me.

"It better not be Joey again!" I groan as Hau hands me the phone.

"It's not," he says, winking at me.

The alert bubble on my phone reads, 1 new message from Gladion <3

My stomach fills with butterflies as I open the message.

"These numb skulls are driving me crazy! I can't be stuck in this stupid camper all day with them. PLZ let me come over. If I stay here any longer I just might kill myself!"

"Is it the guy you like?" Lillie mumbles with a mouthful of popcorn.

"It is! I just told him he can come over," I reply as I send the message