The meeting

⚔︎

A little breeze sneaked its way inside as he shut the front door. As usual, secretary Hyejin greeted him with a simple and cold "hello". Her hair was tied up in a tight ponytail, it was shining under the white neon. She didn't dare to look at him, too occupied by the tons of papers on her desk.

He made his way to the elevator where he met the same people he met yesterday, the day before and so on. Everything was a routine, repeating itself over and over each day. Soothing and relaxing to know you'll find the same things each week, nothing new to surprise you.

He pushed the 34 button on the silver wall. His own level.

Being the director of a designer clothes company, he was important and even an inspiration to some. He had made his debut just a few years ago, but being the son of well-known clothes designer made him reach the top really quickly. The 25 year old man took his father's company after his retirement, making it into what it is today. Worn all across Korea, his clothes were the center piece of today's fashion. His best selling piece was the black "DARK AS MY SOUL" hoodie, seen on almost every street and loved by every body.

The doors finally opened on his floor, revealing his office. As usual, he threw his coat on the white couch, as if his wardrobe wasn't big enough to contain it. He made his way to his black desk, which was really plain. A MacBook, pens and some paperwork sat on the right side, while the front one had absolutely nothing except for his name; John Seo.

Sitting on a black leather chair, he took a look at his e-mails before checking his schedule for the day. There was pretty much nothing to do; just a meeting at 14:00. It was almost like a day off.

So he took his coat back and walked to the elevator. He decided to go shopping, after all he needed to buy a new pair of round glasses. His favorite one broke this morning when he accidentally stepped on them.

⚔︎

As soon as he got outside, he put on his black mask. There was a lot of dust in the air today, he didn't want to damage his lungs. A street dancer caught his attention, probably because of the hoodie he was wearing... designed by him. There was 4-5 people watching him, he didn't seem to have such a talent. He passed by without giving him any second look.

The store was pretty popular at this moment, because it always had the latest trends in stock. Gradient lipsticks, contacts, eye pencils... it had it all. But the only thing he needed today was glasses, the ones with a gold rim. Making his way through the crowd, he finally grabbed the thin box that was holding the precious accessory. There were so many people today, most of them being girls trying to get their hand on the latest Laneige lipstick. But his imposant figure and stature made it easy for him to get through. Little high-pitch screams transformed into whispers as they recognized the wealthy director of
S|E|O. He paid his item and immediately went out.

⚔︎

As soon as he crossed the third street, another crowd caught is attention. Cellphones were held up in the air, trying to get a glimpse of what was happening in the center. He approached it, and being unable to see what was happening with his own eyes, he looked at someone's cellphone. He saw the same street dancer, the one with the black "DARK AS MY SOUL" hoodie.

"He's busting some pretty
dope moves,"
he thought.

He finally heard the music, which was before hid by the acclamations of the crowd; a remix of Panda, by Desiigner. Money was thrown in front of him, on the ground. The hat he had placed to gain that money was already full of coins and paper.

Sadly, the young director had to walk away because it was still freezing cold outside. Standing still, he didn't have the opportunity to move like the dancer and his body was hit by the cold wind at every second. Shivering, he gave a last look at the dancer in the gap between two persons.

The images of the young man were floating in his mind while he entered the building. He seemed pretty creative and looked comfortable in front of people. 

He made his decision.

Next time, he'd speak to him.