The name tag

⚔︎

That meeting was so long. And boring as hell. Fact is he couldn't get his mind to focus on his interlocutor, too preoccupied by the guy outside. He could literally see him, over everyone, by the window of the meeting room. Sneaking quick glances outside, he observed the fluent moves of the boy who was getting more and more attention.

"There could be some
improvement done over
his work, but overall
he's pretty damn good"
he whispered to himself.

"I'm sorry what did
you just say?"
asked the old man.

He turned his head, blinking a few times before shaking his head. He brushed off the strands of hair that got in front of his face.

"Sorry mister, I
was just thinking
about something."
he answered.

The man nodded and smirked, trying to have a good attitude in front of a big client like him. The 25 year old man totally knew that was fake, but didn't say anything about it. Because that's what everyone was with him after all. They created themselves a new personality to impress him, in order to get few privileges.

Fake, fake, fake.
The only thing surrounding him.

⚔︎

He dozed off a few times, but when everyone finally got up he looked like he just drank 10 cups of coffee. He almost flew down the stairs and ran out of the building as fast as he could. The dancer had just finished packing the money he got in a backpack

He waited for the light to turn green before crossing the street. Hitting by accident a few people, he mumbled a few "sorry" but continued. He looked around and finally saw the yellow backpack the dancer was wearing. He ran after him but got stuck in a crowd.

"What's with me and
crowds today..."
he mumbled.

The dancer disappeared of his view, but reappeared a few seconds later. He had tripped over someone's shoe. He bowed and apologized before walking off. Luckily, the young designer had pushed a few persons and got out of that mass of people.

That's why he hated Seoul. Proximity everywhere, you couldn't have your own little private space.

But let's get back to our boy. He had entered a bus, but his backpack got stuck on the doors. A name tag went flying in the air and he finally got his bag back. The doors closed, letting John Seo standing all alone at a bus stop. He put his hand in his pockets and started to walk back to his work place.

⚔︎

A few meters later, a white rectangular piece of plastic caught his attention. It was laying on the ground. He approached it and immediately recognized the boy's name tag. They're the kind of ones where there's the name, the address and the phone number of the owner, so that if the bag gets lost it can be sent back to him.

He grabbed it, the back had a small design saying "I ♡ NY". He was really happy to have such luck in a day; he thought he'd never get to see the boy again. But with all the information this piece contained, he would be able to contact him.

He turned the plastic rectangle and got really disappointed. None of the information was written on the tag, it was completely blank.

"What's the point of
carrying a tag if you
don't use it properly?"
he said.

⚔︎

Back in his appartement, he threw the tag on his kitchen table. He got disappointed today, the guy from an agency with whom he had a meeting only wanted to make money on his back. The glasses he bought at the store had a malfunction and he couldn't return them. And finally, the amazing dancer disappeared in a bus that could be going anywhere. He seemed kind of stupid as well, you know why.

Hours passed by and he still couldn't get him off his mind. He remembered the wind blowing in his hair, exposing his forehead. The black hoodie he was wearing. The light jeans that looked too big on his legs. The choker around his neck.

Was he a professional dancer or was he self-thought? The first option was more believable, he was comfortable in front of the crowd which probably meant he got to experience it often.

He closed the lights and slipped under the bed sheets. He was closing his eyes, the name tag in his hands when he suddenly had an amazing idea.