Chapter Ten

Vaden's POV

I walked slowly back to the room, my mind clouded by an innumerable number of things that has my headache back up at full strength. I could feel a foul mood beginning and I hoped that Zara did as told and won't be at the room when I get back.

I stopped suddenly and with reflexes alone I caught a girl who had just ran into me and was about to fall. I glared down at the short thing with gold blonde hair and large, bright blue eyes that stared back up at me showing off her surprise. She was a cute thing with a button nose, thin pink lips and a petite face that showed off her high cheek bones.

Letting go of her she ended up falling anyway, making me roll my eyes at her clumsiness. "Please watch where you're going next time," I grumbled annoyed.

"S-sorry, I'm sorry," the girl stuttered a dark blush turning her pale cheeks pink.

"Oi! There she is!" A voice shouted from where the girl had run from. I saw three boys, all of which were bloody Vampires. "You think you can run from us you dirty human? I'm going to drain you dry bitch," the largest boy, and who seemed to be the leader, snarled at the girl who had scrambled off the ground and was partially hiding behind me.

Human? Ah yeah, I can smell it. Why would a human be in a place like this? Whatever, I need to get away from these dirt-bloods before I kill them.

"Who the fuck are you?" The boy snapped at me before I could leave. They came to a stop a few paces in front of me. The largest boy with hair closely cropped to his scalp and muscles bulging from under his shirt and an ugly tilleul colour to his eyes telling me that it's barely been fifty years since he was turned. The other two had a murkier greeny/yellow colour to their eyes showing that they were even younger.

"None of your business, dirt-blood," I sneered back.

"What did you call me?" He roared, a thick vein in his neck popping out, "I suggest you take that back trash and get the fuck out of my sight before I make you hurt."

I scoffed and spat on the ground, "I'd like to see you try. I doubt a rotten carcass can do much besides for stumble about spreading your rotten stench."

"You little-!" The kid stepped forward threateningly before he was interrupted by someone I didn't want to see for the rest of the day. Though she is much better than these things in front of me.

"Tyson!" Zara snapped landing as close as she could to us. "What are you doing here? You should be in your dorm room until the semester starts. Same with you two, Huck, Justin. Do you want your suspension to last longer for breaking the rules?"

"Well well, if it isn't the little bird princess. Out on patrol are you? Making sure your stupid rules are being obeyed?" Tyson derided her an ugly curl to his bleached lips. I'm going to kill this kid.

"You three are the only ones that need those rules, Tyson. Everyone else can come and go as they please, you on the other hand are only allowed to come here because of your creator," Zara gritted out a deadly glare that would have made anyone else shrivel up in fear dark on her face, but this stupid buffoon doesn't know when to back down.

"Whatever," he scoffed, "we're only out here cause our snack ran off."

The girl behind me whimpered softly and I felt her grab hold of the bottom of my jacket. Yeah, he's definitely going to die by my hands, and slowly. Zara looked at the girl behind me and her face immediately softened with pity before a truly terrifying glare filled her expression.

"We don't have live donors on grounds. If you're hungry you should have blood bags already provided for you in your rooms," she snarled out.

"What? You actually expect us to drink that disgusting crap?" He asked incredulously, "that shit's been there for who knows how long and is near rotten."