Chapter Thirteen

Vaden's POV

The whole trip took longer than expected. Though I was offered Harriot to take me back to the school, I decided to ride instead. Having missed the old feeling of riding a horse through the forest without the fumes of the modern world suffocating me.

So I expected it when Silver stormed into my dorm the moment I arrived.

"Where the bloody hell've you been?" She shouted unimpressed, obviously.

I gave her an annoyed look as I brushed the remaining snow off my travel gear and boots. "None of your business. Why are you here?" I asked back calmly and started to prepare to go see Aviva to tell her what has happened.

"Because you said you'll only be gone for the day! Not freakin' three days! Classes start tomorrow and you have no idea what's going on!" Silver stressed while Vaughn and Isabelle walked in.

"Oh, you're back," Vaughn yawned uncaringly while he flopped down on the lounge.

"Good evening Vaden, did your trip go well?" Isabelle asked pleasantly while she took a seat at the table.

"It couldn't have been better," I reply truthfully to the girl before thinking of something. "Hey, do you know what this is?"

I pulled out the weapons the Hunters were using and placed it onto the kitchen bench so that everyone could see while also placing the metal ball I had pulled out of me beside it.

"Why the hell do you have a gun?" Silver exclaimed. Geez can this girl not stay quiet?

"A what?" I asked in a grumble annoyed that I don't know much about the world like I use to.

"Why does this have blood on it?" Isabelle asked having stood up and inspected the weapon finding the bloody ball I had pulled out of myself.

"It's mine, I pulled it out of me when this guy threw it at me using that stick thing," I answered with a roll of my shoulders feeling how tense they were.

Isabelle and Silver both snickered at me making me glare at them.

"It's not a stick and he didn't throw it at you. This is a gun," Isabelle immediately stopped giggling from my glare and started to explain while pointing at the stick thing, gun, whatever, then held up the bloody metal ball, "and this is a bullet. Bullets go into the gun and when you press the trigger the bullet shoots out at anything the gun is pointed at. Here, watch."

Isabelle picked up the gun, and like a pro, disarmed it, I think.

She pulled out a rectangle bit from the bottom of the gun and held it up to me. "This is a magazine and is filled with bullets ready to be shot. This is a bullet before being used," she pulled out a cylindrical thing that tapered to a point on one end from the magazine, "you load the gun like this," with oiled practice she pushed the bullet back into the magazine and then placed the magazine back into the bottom of the gun before she pulled a little leaver on the side and showed me that a bullet was now in the top of the gun where the long cylinder end was. "And once the gun is loaded and the safety is off, if you pull this trigger the bullet shoots out and becomes like what you pulled out of you... well sometimes."

"I thought you were just a shy little human that had just stumbled across the supernatural, but you're bloody scary," Silver commented with wide eyes as she stared at Isabelle who disarmed the gun once again while also pulling the magazine out and placed it all back on the bench.

She blushed and timidly stepped away from gun she just handled like she was born with one in hand. "All Hunters are taught how to use all types of weapons from the day they're born even if they don't want to."