f i r e

"I'll see you tonight! Ha det!" I waved at Chris before she and I both rounded a corner on opposite sides of the street

It was still cold even though it had stopped snowing over night. My beanie was pulled deep into my face and the scarf I wore made it look like I was wearing a whole sheep wrapped around my neck.
My phone vibrated and I fished it out of my coat pocket. I had to take of my gloves otherwise it would have been a task too difficult to master.

 I had to take of my gloves otherwise it would have been a task too difficult to master

I mentally cursed myself for forgetting. I had had one job. Shaking my head I clicked on my brother's contact.
Fredrik picked up after the second ring.

"Ja?"

"Hei, okay, can you do me a huge favour?" I prayed he would have time to go get the drinks with me.

"Depends on the favour." I could here a movie or something similar playing in the background and I breathed out, knowing he was still at home.

"You know how I told you about my friends coming over tonight?" I almost slipped because of picking up my walking pace to get home quicker. The pavement was still dangerous from all the ice and snow.

My brother hummed through the phone.

"Okay, well, I was supposed to buy the drinks-" I started but he interrupted me.

"But you forgot and now you need me to buy the alcohol for you." I could almost hear his grin.

Now it was my turn to hum into the phone.

"What will I get in return?"

"We had sour gummy bears for Alex but I know you don't like these so I'll pay for an extra six pack of beer just for you."

"Deal. What do you want?"

I thanked every god there was that it was so easy to persuade my brother.