å t t e

"Did you and Chris make up over the weekend?"

Sana and me were on our way to school. She had insisted on walking there with me because I'd probably be the center of attention this morning and in desperate need of some support. So she had strutted all the way past our school, just to pick me up at my place. It was horribly unnecessary since Nissen was the exact middle on the way from mine to Sana's and the other way around. And because I was adamant on being able to deal with the rumours on my own. It didn't matter to me. I just didn't like the threats that would probably come with it. They were mostly from some girls who were jealous I was friends with Chris. However, Sana had also been adamant about walking with me so here we were.

"He swung by on Sunday and we talked for a good four hours." I blinked up into the sky. The sun was out and gave me hope for warmer temperatures. "He made my math homework for me."

Sana nodded and kept her eyes locked on something in front of her. "Don't be too harsh on him." She said which caused me to throw her a surprised look. "He's struggling."

I scoffed and put my hands in the pockets of my coat. "How do you always know such things about people?"

"I just study them very carefully." She shrugged. "It was clear that Chris wasn't really himself at that party. And all the other times I've seen him. Is he okay?

"He'll be." I nodded at her. "He's dissatisfied with his current situation and kind of questioning everything at the moment. He feels terribly neglected by his parents."

"That sucks. He's a good guy." Sana chuckled. "Once you see past his føkkboy attitude."

"He is." I nodded again and rearranged my beanie. "William leaving for London hit him pretty hard."

"Ja, I get that. I'm happy, he at least has you."

I smiled and looked at my feet as we rounded a street corner. "He became 'clingy' very fast and at first I was scared he'd just want to hook up or something."

Sana shook her head and smiled at me reassuringly. "He really likes you. In a genuinely lovable appreciative way if you understand what I'm saying."

"I know. I feel closest with him after you. He just makes me feel like I mean a lot."

"I bet you do to him. Since you saw him as more than just that føkkboy status symbol. Nobody else did that. Not even Eva."

"Not 'Even' Eva." I giggled and Sana rolled her eyes whilst elbowing me playfully.

"You're an idiot."

"Yet you love me." I grinned at her and linked my arm with hers.

"I do." She admitted and I gently squeezed her upper arm. "But don't tell anyone. They'll label me as a softie."

"I love you too." I laughed and rested my head on her shoulder for a few seconds. "Even though you were incredibly mean to me when we first started our bus."