Test Subject #25839

12. 12. 561 N. W

Dear Pa,

The letter I sent you last week went through. In my heart, I wish it hadn't. I have been crying throughout the week, carrying the burden, knowing how much of a disappointment it is. I had attempted to end my life Pa but their machines wouldn't stop ringing so they stopped me in time. I think that's why they let me be throughout the week. It could also be because I was sick. They get so paranoid even when I cough.

Today, a Silver Woman came in. She came to serve me food. The food came through her stomach! I was so scared I induced God's wrath on her! She was a robot Pa. They make them look so real. Like flesh and blood. I had cut her by mistake and she bled. She even showed pain. Junior was right all along. If only he knew.

The weather was good again and I even saw the flowers I planted bloom today. I dug my feet in the soil, feeling the fake worms (they are called mecha worms here) moving on my toes. As I sat there, soaking up the sun, I decided to share the cause of my distress with you my dear father because...

I don't know why but I think it'll make me feel better.

After they caught me and bound Aunt Activist who sheltered me, they started poking and prodding me. Putting me through machine after machine until I lost all the womanly curves I worked so hard to gain and shrunk into a broomstick, like the rest of them. I was so furious! They said, blink twice and you'll see it's for the best. I still don't understand what that means. They named me Test Subject #25839 and placed me in my lovely room.

Whenever I asked what I was being tested for they would say "It's for the good of the masses" and would not explain further. A few days in a month, they would....they....they would go to the forbidden area and poke and prod. It was so painful Pa. I have never felt anything quite like it. It hurt more than when I broke my arm. It was dirty and I would be ashamed after. Dreading the next day when the cycle would repeat itself.

That is, until a few weeks ago. Six weeks ago, they remind me daily. This little white thing I urinated on turned blue.

I'm with child Pa. It is a boy.

Your precious daughter,

Adwoa.