Test Subject #03477

13. 1. 562 N. W.

Dear Pa,

I'm sorry it took me a whole month to write to you. As the weeks have progressed, I cannot think straight. My belly is so large, I feel I can pop it with a pin! I cannot keep food down or walk for long. My hands shake all the time and there is a chill in my bones. They told me they increased the temperature but I barely feel it. They all walk around naked without shame.

Despite it all, I have been feeling truly alive! A small part of me is guilty that my happiness is in the fact that I cannot see your disappointment after telling you my most shameful secret. Telling you lifted a great weight off my shoulders. I feel lighter. It's so strange. The Silver People have been keeping a closer eye on me because they think I've gone mad!

Not too long ago, they showed me the father of my child. I think you would like him a lot Pa. He's big and handsome. He was asleep in only his silver trousers. He was a delight to look at but he was asleep. I placed my hand beside his. He is only a little lighter than Obaa Yaa. They said he's akrsif. I made them right down the word for me. I didn't understand it. It spells A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E. I was right. They are not speaking English. That also made me very happy! It also saddened me I cannot talk to him because he is undisciplined. Well, I blame the Silver People. All they do is inject people they want to discipline. So very ineffective.

Last night, he broke into my room! I don't know how he found me or even how he knew it was me but the way he spoke to me and mentioned my name. My real name. My hands shook just to touch him but I was afraid. He kept pulling me towards the door, looking in all directions. Suddenly, there was a lot of commotion outside. Red lights shone in all directions and then the shouts and loud noises of their light-shooting guns followed. He looked at me with eyes like the sea in Labadi on a good day. The day tourists like Greg flock to the sea to deceive little girls and their families. Beautiful sad blue-green eyes.

Then he caused my heart to stop, Pa. He knelt down and kissed my swollen belly like it meant the world to him. I risk my life and his when I say this, but I trust in God to send this to you and only you. He whispered something in my ear. He said "I'll be back, meet me in the garden when the sun is at it's lowest point. Stand directly in the sun's glow. In three weeks". There is hope Pa.

Destroy this letter.

Your Precious Daughter,

Adwoa.