Fast-forward to 561 N.W

05. 12. 561 N. W

Dear Pa,

I hope you receive this letter. Today marks the seventh month since I arrived here. Unfortunately, there's not much to celebrate as I get weary each month. Yesterday, the letter I sent you bounced back. As did the one the day before and last week. It breaks my heart whenever those letters bounce back. Though I don't know if those that go through reach you, it gives me some hope. It's the highlight of my day.

How are Obaa Yaa and Junior? I miss you all so very much Pa. On some days I stay in my room and cry. Refusing to leave even when the Silver People come for me. I thrash and I scream till they leave me be. I cry a lot these days. Although I believe it's to be expected.

The sky was really nice today. Sometimes I wish it wasn't man-made. Other days like today when I can feel the sun kissing my toes, I can't help myself and dance in it. They all look at me like I'm crazy.

It's getting easier to understand the Silver People everyday. The way they speak is still very strange. It shames me I'm not able to understand them fully though they insist they are speaking English. I passed my English test with flying colours. Don't you remember Pa?

Oh, well. I haven't practised ever since Ma.

This brings me to why I am sending you this letter today. I was very ashamed Pa. I didn't want to burden you with the knowledge of how horrible this place is. It's not the promised land like Greg described it to be.

Not exactly.

Everything is fake. I found out today that the food is printed! They say it is best because they can control the nutrients and keep obesity down. I don't even know what that means.

Even that is not what I wanted to talk about. It's taken two months for me to finally work up the courage Pa. I hope you can understand that it is not my fault.

Pa....

I can't say it. I'm so sorry Pa.

Your precious daughter,

Adwoa