air conditioning • tom holland

Prompt: You just moved into the apartment above Tom. It is a really hot summer day and your air condition happens to break luckily Tom is there to come to your rescue.

(Y/N) / LILIA'S POV

"Oh come on!" I yell as I bang the A/C unit repeatedly with the palm of my hand. Beads of sweat already begun to appear on my forehead and I groaned "My roommate leaves town for the weekend  and the air conditioner goes out. Just my luck" I mumble to myself as I walk over to our storage closet. It progressively gets hotter every second and I progressively want to kill my self more and more. I finally find my rickety old fan and pull it out toward the living room. It was one of those giant heavy ones that were incased in a metal rectangle. I switched it on and instantly it started rumbling loudly against the floor. I shed my sweatpants onto the carpet and was left with the shorts I had on under them. It didn't give a whole lot of relief but along with my tiny paper fan  it was better than before.

Someone began knocking on my door rather loudly and I quickly grew irritated. I walked over to answer it and swung it open "What?" I had grown a small attitude. "I'm trying to work downstairs and you're making a hell of a lot of noise." An equally annoyed boy my age said. His expression seemed angry and then his eyes met mine and his facial features seemed to soften.

"Oh." I was silent for a second "It's my fan the A/C shut off and it happens to be the hottest day of July." I said as I waved my fan back and forth in front of my face. "I-" he started and then nervously scratched the back of his neck. "I can try and help if you'd like." He offered. His voice cracking in the middle of his sentence. "I think one dying person is enough but thanks for the offer" I gave a smile and began to notice how adorable this boy had been. He had soft brown eyes and brown hair that curled slightly at the tips. He was in a T-shirt and sweatpants that hung low at his waist.

"It really wouldn't be a problem..." his voice trailed off. "Lilia." I helped finish his sentence and he nodded. "Lilia...my, uh my uncle fixes stuff like this so I would probably be more help then you'd think." I considered him for a moment before finally opening my door wider and gestured for him to come in. "Here it is." I walked over to the stupid air conditioning and grimaced at it. He noticed my frustrated reaction and dug into my tool box I had out on a chair. "Did you try and fix this yourself?" He asked as he took of the head exposing a bunch of wires. "Well, to be fair I googled it." I scratched the back of my arm. "Mhm." He focused intently on navigating around the wires with his fingers. His brown hair hung in his face and I refrained from lifting my hand and sweeping it out of the way. "I don't believe I ever got your name." I rocked back and forth on my toes."Yeah I'm sorry, my name is Tom." He glanced at me with a smile.

"Ha got it!" He said in victory as the air conditioning turned on and the room began to be filled with relief. "I probably won't ever be able to thank you enough." I smiled as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead. "You could get lunch with me." He suggested with a raised eyebrow as he put the screwdriver into the toolbox. "So you fix my air conditioning and then try to seduce me?" I joked and his face turned red. "No I-um" he stuttered and I laughed. "That was a joke Tom, I would actually want nothing more than to go to lunch with you." I reassured him.

"Okay then." He smiled

A/N: this was so bad lmao REQUESTS ARE OPEN JUST MESSAGE ME OKAY BYEEE