7. Spying with Mingus and V (Pt 1)

*Jennie's POV*

"Mingyu, don't you think Lisa and I would be perfect together?"

"Not really."

I punched him in his arm with a frown on my face. We were aimlessly wondering around the mall seeing that we didn't have to work and most of the people we knew were busy.

"You don't what you're talking about anyway. The only reason you disagree is because you're the Lisa in your situation with Wonwoo and Taehyung."

Mingyu rolled his eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you that his name is V?"

"If his name is V, why do you want his d?"

It was his turn to hit me in the shoulder, clearly unamused by my joke. "Ow! It's true!"

"I'll have you know that I'm perfectly happy with Wonwoo and V and I are just friends."

"With benefits," I coughed. Mingyu became fed up with my joking and walked away from me with his mouth set in a thin line. "Oh don't be like that! I'm just joking!"

I quickly caught up with him and walked along with his hurried pace. "I won't tell anymore jokes. Cross my heart."

"Your nonexistent heart." I hit his chest. "Ow! Why can you tell jokes and I can't?"

"Because I'm funnier than you," I said in a 'duh' tone.

"Because I'm funnier than you," he mimicked.

We went back and forth mocking each other until he suddenly yanked me behind a display.  "What are you doing?"

"Lisa and Rose at twelve o clock," he whispered.

I understood the Lisa and Rose part but other than that..."What are you talking about?"

"Twelve o clock," he repeated. He huffed when he realized that I was still confused. "Twelve o-- right in front of us!"

"Then why the hell didn't you say that?"

"Who doesn't know what that means? See this is why we never hang out."

I turned my head to see that Rose and Lisa were sitting together in the food court, holding hands, being all lovey dovey, making sick and slightly jealous. Okay a lot jealous.

"They look so in love it's sickening," I spat.

Mingyu had a smile on his face. "I think they look cute together." He did a double take feeling my eyes glaring holes into his head. "I meant ew."

I didn't know what I was going to do but I couldn't sit there and just let Lisa be whisked away by Rose's undeniable charm. I had to come with a plan and it had to be a good one.

"What are we doing?"

Mingyu and I both screamed in fear which caused the person behind us to scream in return.  We both hurried to cover the unexpected person's mouth just in case he blew our cover.

"Taehyung," I whisper yelled. "What are you doing here?"

"Hmm hmm mmm mmm hmm..." I removed my hand from his mouth and swatted Mingyu's away. "Thanks. I said that I was going to get some bubble tea when I saw you guys behind here and wanted to know what you were doing."

"Spying," Mingyu informed.

"I wanna be a spy!"

"Shhh!" We both covered up his mouth before he could possibly be louder than he already is.  "Okay you can be a spy if you shut up!"

"Yay!"

"Shut up," Mingyu and I whisper yelled.

"Okay," Taehyung whispered. He was still a bit loud but at least he was quieter than before. "We need undercover names. I'll be V, Mingus, and JenJen."

"Mingus?".  " You are not calling me JenJen."

"Who are our targets," Taehyung asked, ignoring us. 

"Rose and Lisa. They're over..." I looked around the food court to see that they were no longer sitting at their table. "Where'd they go?"

"Duck!" Mingyu pushed Taehyung and I's heads down while getting down himself.  "The coast is clear."

We all looked to see Rose and Lisa holding hands and walking through a crowd of people.

"Come on! Let's go catch up with them!" Before I could pull him back, he was already ducking behind benches and people as if he were an actual spy.

"D! I mean V!" It was too late. He couldn't hear me. I looked at Mingyu in amazement. "That's one of the guys you like?"

"Give me a break," he argued. "I constantly fight with the other one and he's become really different since we've passed his emo phase. Then on top of it one of my best friend's is a psychopath who just has to have this girl now that she has a girlfriend who happens to be her ex best friend. Clearly I'm the best judge of character."

I opened my mouth to say something smart back but quickly changed my mind. "Damn it. You're right. Let's go catch this idiot before he doesn't something stupid."

We both froze when we heard multiple thumps and the sound of people screaming out "Whoa!".

"Too late," Mingyu muttered.

Note to self: never invite Taehyung to help with something important.

Like, rate, comment.