[Chapter 2] Save Your Partner

Everyone made their way to the lake. But Rachael was stopped by someone and handed an envelope. "Do as it says," The person who handed it to her demanded. She nodded her head and continued walking, pulling the note out and reading it. She gasped at the task and was met by one of the YouTubers who was behind - Anthony.

"What's that in your hand?" He asked her. She looked up at him, but said nothing. "Can I read it?" He went on to further question. Just then, he was pulled away from her. He would've screamed, but the person put their hand over his mouth. Rachael frowned and looked ahead, seeing other YouTubers be taken away. She caught up with the six remaining YouTubers who weren't taken away and Abby and Natalie and made it to the lake.

The water reflected the clear night sky, the moon shining brightly and their only source of light. In the lake, about two hundred feet from the shore, were six tall poles, spread out about ten feet apart from each other, protruding out of the surface of the water. And on top of the poles were tied the YouTubers who had been taken away - Anthony, Kalel, Dan, Shane, Lisa, and Toby.

"Oh my god!" Meghan screamed as she moved her hands over my mouth.

"What kind of sick challenge is this?" Joey added.

Rachael walked in front of them and turned around so she was facing them. She heaved a sigh and pulled out the note, reading the instructions dismally, "This is your first challenge. You must save your partner before they are..." She paused. Silence blanketed over them, besides the muffled screams from the YouTubers who were tied up, "Before they are completely submerged in the water." The YouTubers tied up began to slowly descend down the pole. The muffled screams got louder.

"You've got to be kidding me," Phil remarked.

"This is bull shit! We're never going to be able to do that in time!" Mari exclaimed.

Rachael heaved a sigh and continued reading the card, "First one to save their partner will receive a pass that will allow you to be emitted from any future challenge of your choosing." She paused yet again, not wanting to read the next sentence. Everyone waited for her to continue. "Last team will have to compete with each other to the death in a sudden death match. I, along with..."

"Wait, did you just say 'to the death'?" Jack questioned.

"And 'sudden death match'?" Ian inquired.

The YouTubers exploded into a continuous flow questions. Rachael screamed at the top of her lungs for them to be quiet, they went as quiet. "Guys! You don't have all day!" She yelled, pointing behind her at the lake, "Your friends are about to drown! So get your asses going!"

The six YouTubers bolted towards the lake, diving in and swimming as fast as they could towards the poles.

Meanwhile, the other six YouTubers who were tied up were struggling to break free. None of them remembered how they got there - all they remember is being pulled to the side and blacking out, only to wake up fifty feet in the air. They were screaming their heads off, but no one could hear them because there was a cloth tied around their mouths. They watched as their partners swam towards them.

The first one to reach their partner's pole was Mari. The poles were wide enough where on one side, there were cut-outs that acted like a ladder. That was what the YouTubers would use to reach their partners and free them. Soon after Mari began the climb, everyone else arrived.

The YouTubers attempted to free their friends, but the descend didn't stop. It kept going. So the people trying to untie their friends had to go down too.

The first one to be untied was Dan. He and Phil swam back to shore together. They were met by Abby who handed them the piece of paper that allowed them to skip any challenge they wished not to do. The next was Kalel and Mari, followed by Anthony and Ian and Toby and Jack. It was a close call between Meghan and Lisa and Shane and Joey.