[Chapter 18] Do As He Said

Sergeant CG stood in an elevator that was in the back of the building he and Felix stayed in with his arms crossed over his front in a formal way. As he descended to the basement, he couldn't help but think about who he was going to have to kill. Anthony, Phil, Joey, and Abby. The hardest for him would most likely be Abby, since she was one of his best friends he had grown up with. He hoped that she would be the one he wouldn't find.

The elevator reached the basement and the doors slid open to reveal a dark hallway. He stepped out of the elevator and the hallway lit up, light by light, revealing a door at the end of the hallway. He approached the door and typed in the code Felix had provided him with. The red light on the key pad turned green and the door lock was released. Sergeant CG pushed the door open and walked into the room, whose lights were on a sensor. So when he stepped into the room, the lights showcasing the various and large collection of weapons turned on.

Sergeant CG approached the case where all the guns were held. He picked out a machine gun and checked that it was loaded, which it was. He grabbed some ammunition and stuffed the rounds into his pockets before exiting the room.

Fortunately for the four remaining campers, Sergeant CG didn't notice the three hands guns and one shotgun missing. Earlier in the day, while Felix and Eryk were preoccupied, Anthony sneaked into the building and snatched the weapons.

He handed off the weapons to the two other YouTubers and the one adviser. "And what do you want me to use this for again?" Phil inquired, examining the weapon in his hand.

"In case Felix tries to come and kill you," Anthony retorted, reloading the shotgun he had retrieved for himself. "You all know how to shoot ri-?"

Just then, a shot rang causing everyone in the infirmary to jump. Abby's cheeks grew a bright red color and an apologetic smile crawled on her face, "Sorry guys."

"Well, that answers my question." Anthony said to himself. "We're going to have to work on that. How about you," He pointed to Abby, "go set up some targets somewhere? And-"

"No! We don't have time!" Joey cried, clutching onto his infected leg. Everyone looked back at him. "We're the only ones left, Anthony. Felix knows this camp like the back of his own hand. He'll find us in no time. I'm surprised he hasn't found me yet," He mumbled under his breath.

"Joey's right," Abby remarked, "We don't have time."

"Well I don't want you guys to die because you don't know how to shoot properly," Anthony snapped at the adviser.

"We just have to stick together, Anthony. That way we can fight together," Phil tried to convince him. But he wasn't buying it. He knew fully what Felix was capable of. Felix created a serum that could manipulate people to do as he said. He etched a target into his back and tied him to one of the poles out in the lake. He created a challenge that killed the love of his life. And he somehow lured twelve YouTubers here without attracting any suspicion from outsiders. He was a mad man.

"Fine, whatever you guys want. But I'm not staying here. It's not safe, and neither should you." He told them before storming out of the infirmary and slamming the door behind him.

"What happened to sticking together?" Phil inquired.

"I don't know, Phil," Abby remarked, sighing, "I don't know."

*****

Sergeant CG was walking through the dark forest, gun aimed forward as he observed all of his surroundings carefully. It was nighttime and very hard to see. He heard a branch snap behind him and jumped, turning around but seeing nothing. He squinted his eyes and slowly turned around, seeing some movement in the distance. He dashed forward and saw Felix, who he thought wasn't going to come out until the last person was found. He lowered his gun and sighed in relief, but at the same time, he was confused. Felix nodded his head as if he was sending a signal before rushing away.