1. My Future?

Ash looked at me with an annoying expression. "What do you mean you can't predict it?" He asked me. I shook my head. "My clairvoyant abilities don't connect with you at all. That explains why I couldn't sense that you were coming to my home or the fact that I couldn't read your eyes." I explained to Ash. Ash nodded. "I actually wanted an answer..." he said with a tear cascading down his cheek. "I wanted an answer to why people believe me at the beginning but then leave me at the end." Ash said wiping away his tears. It was no use. More tears kept rolling down his perfect face. I felt sorry for the guy.

"Ash?" I asked him. Ash looked at me and cleared his throat. "Um... yeh?" He said. "What is it like? How does it feel when people turn their backs on you after they believe your lies?" I asked the boy. "I don't know.... what's it like knowing your own future?" He asked me back. "What?" I asked him, not being able to process his question. "What's it like knowing your own future?"

 "What's it like knowing your own future?"

Ash's question stuck with me for awhile. I would always think about it. "Can I predict my own future?" I asked Dawn. Both of us were on a shopping spree and I couldn't think straightforward due to this annoying question that kept poking me in the eye.

"I don't know. Haven't you tried it before?" Dawn shrugged. "I-I don't remember." I said while rubbing my temples. "Y'know, if you need help I know someone." Dawn told me. "You do?! Can I meet them? When can I? Where can I?" I instantly said. "Don't worry Sere, just get into my car." Dawn told me. I nodded and sprinted all the way to Dawn's car from the mall. I waited by the car for Dawn. "And... now." I murmured while Dawn stepped in front of the car. "Your going to take me to Iris?!" I screamed after seeing the future. Dawn sighed while seating herself onto the drivers seat. "Of course I am. Her mother is kinda good with all of these spiritual things." Dawn said. "But Dawn! Clairvoyance isn't a spiritual thing it's logical and supernatural!" I told her. She shrugged. "What's the difference? They both sound boring." I face palmed. "How are you my best friend?" I scowled. "Because I helped you fight off the bullies when we wear young. I was the one to hook you up with Trip. I was the one who taught you about the latest trends." She listed. "But you were one of those bullies. Trip was the worst boy I'd met in my life. You forced me to buy myself a dress that I've never worn." I listed as well. Dawn rolled her eyes.

After a few minutes of driving, we got to Iris's house. Dawn parked her car next to the sidewalk. Iris was in front of her house with Ax; Ax is Iris's lizard that she got for her 10th birthday.

Iris lived in a rather old house. It had a thatched roof with tall walls. The walls had carvings of many ancient deities. To be honest, I really like reading myths and story's from other cultures; they're really interesting. Iris's house looked more like a temple than a house actually. She lived on the outskirts of the city yet she was still able to come visit us using the train station that was 15 minutes away.