Chapter Seven

Chapter seven

I ran out the door, pictures of what happened just a second ago in the house replayed in my head I couldn’t get them out. I can’t believe I slept with men like Ricky!

I wondered around the forest for a while looking for any human scent. I didn’t want to change my hunting habits tonight. When I came up empty I closed my eyes and took in a big breath the smells going up my nose and the taste of warm blood exploded in my mouth making my mouth water in anticipation. The smell came from the northeast.

 As I ran to my feast, small creatures in the leaves tensed in fear and became silent as they always do when I show more of my vampire side, the closer I got the more my throat burned it was all I could think about I hadn’t hunted in a week and a half; too busy with the Cullen’s to even notice my vampire health.

Now that all I could think about was the warm taste of blood tickling down my throat, thoughts of Seth left my mind: the way it felt when he touched me or even looked at me sent shivers down my spine, the way his muscles flexed when moving and how gentle he was when holding my necklace. Hunting took my mind away from everything I felt wilder the closer I got to the bear scent.

The musky smell of its fur and how clean the blood smelt like he had just eaten himself; made my throat clench as more of my venom seeped into my mouth. The smell of it ruled completely.

I could hear its heavy paws clumping along, completely different to me as I was silent the only noise I made was my slight breathing and the wind I made as I ran. I may not look stronger but I was in many different ways, with my strength, skills and experience I would take him down in minutes.

My body shifted automatically as my prey came into eye sight, I was the predator now and no one could take my meal away from me. I went into a low crouch and stooled for the right moment to pounce, the moment that it was facing away from me so I didn’t  make it that much more painful for it.

The bear was rustling the leaves on the forest floor completely not noticing me as it was too busy searching for things to eat.

Half of my brain was on the mammal the other half was on the area around me. I had never hunted in this part of the forest before throughout the three years of staying in this town it never came across my mind. What would have happened if I did? Would I have I met the Cullen’s sooner? Would they have killed me straight away for being in their territory? I would never know.

The bear turned around sharply as something caught his eye and that was all it took to bring me back to reality.

My muscles bunched in preparation as I scented myself around the scent of the female bear it wasn’t the biggest but big enough to satisfy my thirst, I may hunt again later.

Her shaggy neck was the hot spot that I wanted it was where the pulse was strongest, and full of warm fresh blood.

Only thirty yards away-two or three bounds- and she would be mine. I tensed myself for the first leap when the bear lifted his head up to smell the air around him, the air that held my scent I took this time to leap.

The bear bucked as I held onto her back the fur was soft and matted, with leaves and branches held in there but I was more interested what I felt under the fur and skin.