Chapter 11- 'Marry Me'

It has been, almost, a year since Connor and I started dating. We were at his family's house for New Years and we were waiting for their mini party to start. Connor and I were sitting outside, snuggling, while looking up at the stars above. The sky was covered tonight; it was perfect. Neither of us spoke; we just sat there in silence. It was a comfortable silence.

"I can't believe it's been nearly a year." Connor spoke, his voice soft. I turned to face him, looking into his green eyes. A smile grew on my face and I leant up, giving him a soft kiss. His sister, Nicola, walked outside and noticed us. A smile grew on her face, I returned it. Nicola and I got on like sisters and Connor's parents treated me like I was their daughter.

"Aw, aren't you two cute? Mom told me to come and get you. People have started to arrive." Nicola told us. We nodded before Connor and I got up, interlocking our fingers together, and walked inside. Everyone started entering the house, giving Connor and I hugs. There were only Ten people here due to the fact that they didn't want a massive party.

I managed to get around and introduce myself to everyone before I made my way back over to Connor. He smiled at me and I noticed his mother in the kitchen so I hurried over there. I offered to help her prepare a few things as she was a bit behind.

"Thank you, Rosie." She smiled and I smiled back. She, literally, was like my second mother, "Please can you take these out to the table. Nicola is helping as well so we should be alright, just the three of us." I laughed, lightly, at her comment before taking the food out to the table and setting it down.

Someone had put the music channel on in one room and, in another room, someone had put the countdown to the New Year on. I hovered for a second before carrying on with the job I was given. Someone came up behind me and wrapped their arms around my waist, resting their head on my shoulder. I turned my head to see it was Connor. I pecked his cheek before walking into the kitchen, him following behind me.

"Honestly, Connor. You're following your girlfriend like you're a lost puppy." Nicola laughed, making me laugh with her. Connor pouted and wrapped his arms around me. I leant up and gave him a peck on the lips before he headed off, "Guess he just wanted a kiss." Nicola said, making me smile at her.

"Nicola and I were talking the other day and we mentioned marriage. We instantly thought of you and Connor and we just know that, one day, you will get married to one another. You two are perfect together and deserve to be together. I see you as a daughter already and Nicola sees you as a sister. We can't wait until your wedding day." Connor's mum told me, making me smile.

"Thanks. I see you as my mother and Nicola as my sister as well. To be honest, I'm hoping he does propose next year. The thought of marriage has been on my mind since that time in August when the topic ended up becoming the main part of our conversation." I told them.

Flashback:

Connor and I were sitting by the pool in the back garden of the house. Both of us having a good laugh about the randomest things. We heard Lucy screaming before we heard sobbing. Ricky and Lucy soon both came out, Ricky looking happy and Lucy in tears. She showed us the ring and I screamed, jumping up and running over to her, flinging my arms around her.

"Oh my god! Y-Your engaged?!" I, literally, squealed. Both of them nodded and I jumped on Ricky, giving him a massive hug, "God, Ricky! You could've told your cousin first!" I say, swatting his arm and smiling at them, "Oh my god, congrats you guys." I smiled at the two of them. We heard Connor mumble in the background, "Sorry, what was that, babe?" I asked him.

"Nothing." He said, quickly, his eyes wide.

"He said, 'Can't believe he proposed before I did.'. Ooooh, Connor wants to propose to you, Rosie!" Sam stated, cheekily. Connor scowled at him before we got into a deep conversation over it. We both agreed that we'll think about it more in the new year, only because I wasn't ready for it yet and we only started dating a few months ago.

"Hm, it seems like yesterday we had that conversation." I muttered before I realized we had been standing in the kitchen the whole time, talking about what would happen if Connor and I got married. I, basically, just explained the whole story to them. I felt like I could tell them absolutely anything, like they were already related to me.

We then heard the countdown on T.V. All three of us rushed into the room and Connor wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around my waist and rested my head on his shoulder. We stood there, watching the T.V as the timer was running our. Connor tensed up, making me turn to look at him. He leant down and pecked my lips before we both turned back to face the T.V.

I felt as if he wasn't telling me something, like he was hiding a massive secret from me. My thoughts rushed back to when Lucy asked me to be the maid of honor at her wedding, which I gladly accepted. I already told her that she'd be my maid of honor when I get married as I don't have any sisters, only two brothers.

"Ten." The countdown began.

"Nine," Memories of the past year began to flood in.

"Eight." Thoughts of what could happen next year entered my brain.

"Seven" Would Connor Propose Next year?

"Six." Gosh, Rosie, shut up about marriage.

"Five," If he did, it'd be perfect.

"Four," But he probably won't,

"Three." What about if he proposed tomorrow, when the timer goes off?

"Two." Shut up about marriage, Rosie.

"One," Think about him being your New Years kiss.

"Happy New Year!" Everyone cheered, making me laugh. Connor pulled me close and gave me a long, romantic kiss before he pulled away and got down on one knee. His mother noticed and gasped in excitement. I covered my mouth with my hand, unable to say anything like asking him what he was doing or anything like that.

"Rosie, we've known eachother for, almost, a year now. I love you so much that it hurts sometimes and that probably sounds really cheesy but it's true. You mean the world to me and I remember that, last year, at Digitour, you told us all that you'd think about marriage this year. You even told me that in August. So, Rosie, will you, please, marry me?" Connor asked me, causing tears to stream down my face.

As I was unable to say anything, I just nodded my head and he shot up, pulling me into a massive hug. I pulled him close and buried my head in his shoulder.

"I love you so, freaking, much!" I laughed, making him laugh and slide the ring on my finger. I gave him a really long kiss before we were both congratulated. This was going to be the best year of my life.