Hold on to me, love. (Part 2)

I pull desperately into the driveway. Anxious and terrified about what is going to happen. 

I could hear gentle guitar strings, it was quiet but I recognized the song quickly. I walked to the backyard and saw the patio with candles lit, and Daniel was strumming one of my favorite songs. 

"I was thinking, on my time away.. I miss you and things weren't the same."

I stare and hear him sing, fighting back the tears as I step up the stairs of the patio and sit in front of him. He stares back at me as he continues to sing. 

"I love how you kiss, I love all your sounds, baby the way you make my world go round, and I just wanted to say I'm sorry." 

I felt a small piece of water hit my hand. It was coming from my eyes. 

"I think about how we came all this way, the sleepless nights and the tears you cried, its never too late to make it right.. Oh yeah, Sorry. Im sorry Im bad, Im sorry Im blue. Im sorry about all the things I said to you. And I know I can't take it back. I love how you kiss. I love all your sounds. Baby the way you make my world go round..." 

He got up putting his guitar down. He put his arms around me, continuing to sing. 

"And I just wanted to say, Im sorry.. Im sorry baby." 

He tilts my head up. 

"Im sorry baby, yeah im sorry."

He looks me in the eyes as he got down on one knee. 

"I am so sorry. I just tried to plan how I was going to do this and I freaked out and panicked. I was scared. I need you in my life. Please.. Hold on to me, love. I will make it up to you for the rest of our lives." He stares up at me pleading for me to say yes.

I choked out "yes.." He put the ring on my finger and I could see the flashes from inside. They had recorded the entire thing and now was taking pictures. I was going to kill him later, but this, made up for some of the pain.