Chapter 8: Just Once?

Elizabeth

I trudged my way through the hallway, avoiding everyone. That dream, that memory, had put me in the worst mood possible. I didn't like the fact that now that I had found my mate, my past reappears. I dodged the glares of my classmates and their failed attempts at tripping me. I had yet to see Cameron, or anyone else that held slight tolerance for my presence so the feeling of being unwanted was extreme.

I finally make it to me locker, the thoughts of how useless I was lingering in my mind. Zach was avoiding me, probably too busy with his mate. I didn't bother confronting him about it though, it would be a useless attempt. I spun the dial on my lock, the third time before letting out an irritated growl and kicking it. Resulting in a shot of pain from my toes to my knee. I ignored the dull throb and kicked it again.

Soon I was letting all of my emotions out on my poor locker. Kicking and punching it with all my might, I gained quite the crowd. My hands were bloody and my legs were throbbing. Silent sobs were escaping my throat and tears were making their way down my cheeks.

No one tried stopping me. No one cared enough to do that. I mean really, even my own mother didn't care. My used-to-be-best friend stopped caring as soon as she realized that I truly wasn't worth the effort. My entire pack hated me. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if my mate rejected me once he realized that being with me would just be a burden.

I felt strong arms wrap around me and yank me away from my now dented locker. I didn't stop kicking and swinging though, I couldn't find it in myself to stop the harm. My sight was blurred with tears and my mind was clouded with hate.

"Leave!" A powerful voice boomed out. A voice I immediately recognized as Cameron's. The Alpha tone sent every wolf running for their own safety and the humans scattered from the powerful force it held. Marie whimpered at her mates anger.

I furiously wiped at my tears, hating the fact that they made me so weak. I stopped kicking and fell limp realizing that my struggle just wasn't helping. Thankfully Cameron was holding me tightly enough not to drop me.

He lifted me bridal style before walking to an unknown destination. I was still crying silently but I cuddled into the safety of his chest. Once the motion of him walking stopped I opened my eyes. We were sitting in a janitors closet. He somehow managed to get the door open without jostling me, maybe he just talented at things like that.

He slid down the wall, me still in his arms, and just held me. I couldn't stop the tears as I looked up into his eyes. They held dominant worry. He lifted his thumb to brush of my cheeks. His action was gentle, as if I would break under his touch.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, setting my gaze upon my bruised and bloody knuckles. Cameron didn't deserve my problems being piled upon his own and I couldn't help but feel incredibly guilty.

Cameron

"I'm sorry." She whispered, her hair slightly covering her face. I watched as another tear rushed down her cheek before diving off her jawline. Sorry? Why was she sorry? There was guilt evident on her face for some unknown, hidden reason.

As far as I knew she didn't do anything wrong, she was only hurting herself but I would help her, and that was nothing to be sorry about. Seeing her look so broken, hurt me. Watching her tear herself down, hurt me. Yet, a part of me couldn't stop thinking about how it would be so much easier if she were someone else.

No, Lucas scolded. I mentally shook my head, trying to focus on helping my mate, not hurting her.

That red head looked so good...

My eyes widened as that thought dove in. It was so wrong to even be thinking of someone other than my mate like that. I tightened my grip on Elizabeth in an attempt to help hold myself together. It didn't help though, that red head was so appealing. Why was she stuck in my head? Focus on our mate, not some red headed bimbo. I tried to get her out of my thoughts once more, only to have indecent fantasies replace them. I blocked out Lucas as he started yelling at me because of the force it took to even get that unknown girl out my brain for a moment.

Maybe if I have her just once....

Maybe if that red head fantasy gets fufilled just once... maybe then I can focus on my true mate completely. The mate bond wasn't complete, so Elizabeth would never find out if no one told her.

That was the moment that I realized what I had to do.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hahaha Cameron is such a guy. Ugh, I really don't like him at the moment.