Chapter 2: Now?

Cameron

We stood there just watching each other, taking each other in, for a few moments before I decided that I should actually make a move of some sort. I bet we looked pretty creepy just standing there staring at each other with such intensity but of course any human wouldn't understand anyways.

She was naturally beautiful, you could tell beneath her slight makeup. I believe her name was Elizabeth Dean or something like that, it's actually sad that I didn't know for sure if that was her name or not. I had never actually talked to her before, never really had a reason to, but I had certainly seen her around.

She was petite and quite short, which actually made her look innocent and adorable. She certainly wasn't the type of girl that I would've hooked up with, which explained why I didn't know her. After taking in her appearance, I realized that this was the girl that people enjoyed picking on. I had heard stories about the pranks that had been pulled on her, along with what had been the topic of her teasing on certain days.

They won't hurt her anymore without me hurting them. My wolf, Lucas growled dangerously and protectively as the images of her getting shoved around came to mind. I wonder why I hadn't helped her before or even said something to someone else to do something? I shouldn't have just let that slide, regardless of who it was.

I had never before wanted to find my mate due to my lack of belief in love. I actually used to tell everyone that once I found my mate, I would reject her but there was something inside of me, probably the instant mate bond, that refused to even consider the thought of letting her go. It was in my blood to love her so I knew that I wouldn't actually be able to. I had heard stories about rejection and they weren't exactly pleasant and nobody deserved that type of pain. It actually hurt even thinking about rejecting her plus Lucas started growling at me when the thought crossed my mind. My entire body felt drawn to her and I couldn't resist the urge to smile.

All of those years of being a player became truly revolting, even the thought of other girls became revolting. She, in that exact moment, became everything that I would ever need. I never thought that I would be able to trust someone so easily, seeing has I never did before. The only person I actually ever trusted was Hunter and my brother, Derek.

She looked worried but after I smiled at her, her entire body relaxed. I made my way over to her until I was directly in front of her. Our mate is perfect, Lucas purred in content, which sounded rather amusing considering he was no where near to being a cat. He was just happy that we had found our mate, of course every wolf is when they find their soul mate.

"Hey." I whispered as we stared into eachother's eyes. Elizabeth's eyes were the brightest that I had literally ever seen and her hair was flowing down her back perfectly. The mate bond was making it hard to hold back the urge to wrap her up in my arms and keep her there. I could basically feel the electricity flowing through the air between us.

"H- hi." She stuttered insanely cutely. Lucas hummed in content just at the sound of her voice. He was already obviously in love with her while I was just slightly interested, I guess. It would take a lot more than just looking at her to make me finally believe in love and fall for her.

"I'm Cameron, just in case you didn't know that." I stated kindly to ensure that she wouldn't automatically assume I was extremely cocky or anything. She nodded quickly and automatically blushed for some unknown reason.

"I know, I'm Elizabeth but please call me anything other than that. It sounds so old fashioned and outdated." She spoke, visibly gaining confidence. Which was good because in order to be Luna, she would have to be confident and social.

"Alright, baby girl." Lucas grinned at the sound of it, clearly liking that nickname for her. She smiled slightly. "Later tonight, I will call a meeting between our packs to tell them the good news and to decide when you are joining my pack."

Elizabeth POV-

He was so cute without even trying. The way he spoke with authority and power was more than I could handle, to be honest.

"Alright, baby girl." Cameron said, creating his new nickname for me. Maria purred in pure happiness and love, she had fallen for our mate as soon as he spoke. That was the way that mates worked though, first our wolves fall in love and then our human side does too. I could feel the instant connection to him and I was loving every second of it. "Later tonight, I will call a meeting between our packs to tell them the good news and to decide when you are joining my pack."

I nodded instantly, I would have to contact Alpha Sam to tell them that I would be leaving the pack. Thank God I would be leaving my pack, it's not like they liked me anyways. Apart from Zach and Jared of course but honestly they were so involved with each other that they really wouldn't be hurt by the transfer.

I loved them both like a family yes but they were just a bit too mushy-gushy sometimes. Cameron looked shocked that I would so willingly leave my pack, but he quickly replaced it with content.

"Shouldn't we go back to our classes?" I asked him. He surprisingly shook his head no, actually he was the school's bad boy so it wasn't all that surprising but still. He smiled widely at me, showing off his adorable dimples.

"We are going on a date." Cameron bluntly stated while I stared at him gobsmacked.

"Right now?" I squeaked, I had never skipped school before. He chuckled and grabbed my hand, dragging me out of the school.

~~~
Hope you readers are enjoying so far, tell me what you think. :)
~~~