Part 2

"Do you love my mom? " James asked Steve.

"James? What kind of a question is this? " Steve asked surprised.

"Answer me dad, do you love her? And are you both gonna get divorced? " he asked again.

Steve got angry, his face turned red, he didn't want to have this conversation with his 7 year old son.

"James, you aren't old enough, don't get into things you don't understand " Steve said bitterly.

"I understand everything dad, my mom is crying, living away from me, we are separated, I can see where this is going, and let me tell you, I will choose her this time" James yell.

"James!!! Enough! Go inside your room, you are grounded" Steve shouted.

"I don't care, I am leaving with mom tonight!! " James said as he turned to go.

"James Rogers!! Listen to me you... " but James slammed the door of his room close.

_______

At 9pm, Natasha arrived with Anthony, Joseph and Thomas. Steve opened the door, and Anthony hugged him.

"How is my little champ? " he asked.

"Am good daddy" Anthony replied with a wide grin.

Natasha walked in, with the pram.

"Mommy" Margaret ran into her arms.

Natasha hugged her tight, and closed her eyes, to hide her tears.

All the while James stood at a side, watching his once perfect family, meet and greet like distant relatives.

"James? " Natasha looked at him. He ran to her, and they hugged. Once he was in his mother's embrace, he couldn't stop his tears from flowing.

"Hey, what happened? " Natasha asked, as she felt his breaths change.

"Mommy, I love you, I will go with you, I am sorry" he sobbed.

"Okay, okay, don't cry love" she said wiping his tears.

"I am sorry mommy, I thought you will come back for me, but I know you can't " he sobbed.

"Don't cry my love, its okay" she hugged him again, and rubbed his back.

"Dinner is ready" Steve said.

Natasha picked up James in her arms, and took her to his room, helping him wash his face.

"He doesn't love you" James said still sobbing.

"James.. don't " she tried to say.

"He doesn't love you anymore, he would divorce you, I hate him" he said.

"No, James!! " Natasha yell, "Whatever happens between us, you don't get to hate him, he is your father, and he loves you, he loves all of you, he doesn't deserve this"

"He loved you too mom! " James said.

Natasha got tears in her eyes, "James.. please, don't "

"Don't cry mom, I love you" he wiped her tears and hugged her.

"Come, we need to eat" she said.

They both walked out. Steve had set the table, and Anthony and Margaret were already on their seats.

Natasha sat down, between James and Margaret's side, instead of her usual seat.

They ate pasta, silently, Natasha helped Margaret, while Steve fed Anthony. The twins were in their pram, that was standing beside Steve.

"Mommy, there is cake in the fridge" Margaret said.

"I'll get it for my doll" Natasha said, and got up.

She went to the kitchen top with the cake, and cut slices of it for everyone, absentmindedly, she cut her finger slightly.

"Ahh! " she shouted in pain. All of them ran to her, but Steve was the fastest, he got to her, and took her finger, into his mouth quickly, sucking on it.

"Mommy, are you alright? " James said worried, Anthony and Margaret by his side.

But Natasha was lost, she was staring at Steve, who was still sucking on her finger. She forgot the pain, she forgot everything, as she saw the concern in Steve's eyes.

"Are you okay? " he asked, looking up, and letting go of his finger, but still holding it.

She silently nodded.

"James! Get the first aid box quickly " Steve said.

James ran to the living room, and returned with the box. Steve cleaned her wound with antiseptic, and then bandaged it.

"You should be careful " Steve said, his eyes screaming that he was as hurt as she was.

Natasha just nodded. They sat down again, and ate the cake. Silence filled the room again, until Natasha stood up to leave.

"Uhm, Nat" Steve hesitated, as she took her dishes to the sink.

"Yes? " she asked, her heartbeat racing up, ringing in her ears.

"Can you stay here, tonight? I need to be somewhere" he said hesitantly.

Natasha's heart broke, where could he possibly need to go at this hour at night? It was definitely a date, he was moving on already?

But it was the matter of her kids, and she couldn't refuse, "Yes, of course " she said, with a heavy heart.

"Thank you" he said.

"Yippee, we aren't going back" Anthony said excited as he went back to his room.

"Don't be so happy, its only for tonight, I wonder where dad is going" James said furiously.

"I think he has to work with uncle Tony" Anthony said innocently.

"Oh, you wish" James was so bitter about it all.

Steve left the house at 11pm and Natasha put the kids to sleep. But she herself couldn't, she couldn't even close her eyes. She just lay on the sofa, because she couldn't enter the bedroom, where she and Steve made love so many times, where they slept peacefully for so long, and where they fought.

She was tired and exhausted, and her eyes were droopy, but around 2am, a knock on the door got her alert.

*****
What do you think Steve is doing? How is this story? Do give your reviews.