Chapter Twenty

"Ugh, fuck, Rocky!" I called.

"What is it?" He mumbled from beneath our covers.

"I'm stuck." I whined and sat helplessly on our closet floor.

"How?" He moaned.

"Um," I sighed, "Well I got on the floor to pick out underwear and I couldn't make it back up."

"Do you have clothes on?" He asked me.

"No." I raised my eyebrows, "I do not. Can you pleaseeeee help me?"

"I'm getting up." He said almost enthusiastically. He stood in the doorway with a smirk and smiled down at me, "Ms. Independent." He pulled me up nearly easily and helped me put my clothes on. "I told you to let me get that stuff, Tor."

"You were sleeping," I reminded him, "I didn't want to wake you."

"Did you take a shower?" He asked me.

"Yes." I told him, "And I don't care that you weren't there to make sure I didn't fall. Because I didn't." I told him. I crossed my arms over my massive chest and my stomach poked out a far ways almost to the point of touching his flat one.

"You know you scare the shit out of me when you do that stuff?" He asked me, "Are you ready to have our baby or something right now?"

I looked down at my protruding midsection and back up. "I mean..." I paused, "Rocky, I'm not sleeping. I'm not doing anything for myself anymore. I can't drive. I can't do anything. I want him whenever he wants to get here. He's nearly full term. And he's massive as you can see-just like his dad and his uncles."

"Can't you wait three weeks?" He tugged at my hand with a smirk.

"I'm not sleeping Rocky. And if getting up induces labor then so be it." I shrugged. I rubbed my hand up and down his arm and reached up to kiss him. "Come on..." I whispered, "Relax, Rocky..."

"But..." He moaned

"But nothing." I told him, "Baby, I don't know what you imagined your parenting experience to me but I never even imagined it. And now it's happening. And I'm so tired of being pregnant. I just want our baby. I'm more than ready for this baby."

He looked me over in just a t-shirt and he barely let out a whimper. "All I was going to do today was build the crib."

"And we still can." I put my arms around his neck in the easiest way possible and kissed him deeply, "But not before we make loooove," I giggled and pulled him to the bed.

"It's been like..." He sighed, "Four weeks." He shuddered, "That's the longest ever."

"Well," I smirked, "Then we've gotta make up for lost time."

*****

In high school I wasn't really a partier. And even into the beginning of college I wasn't a partier.

Freshmen year at Los Angeles Community College I was dating a jackass named Nick and somehow I ended up with a pregnancy scare.

My first time to the OB-GYN scared the shit out of me and I sat on the table and swung my legs over the edge and pushed them back and forth while I waited for the doctor to return with test results (apparently I didn't trust at-home tests).

She walked in with almost a somber look on her face and I sat up straight to listen to her tell me I was wrong. "Ms. Jefferson..." She sighed, "I'm not sure how to tell you this."

"Am I?" I asked her, "Oh my god," My face dropped, "I am..."

I took a deep breath. "Oh my god, I'm pregnant."