The Visitor

It has been three days inside the house, Adrian was getting tired of June's complaints about the Dedix staying with them. A hollow knock sounded on the front door.

"I got it!" Yelled June, running down the hall towards the door. Devin intercepted her and swung open the front door. A girl, around Adrian's age, stood in the door way, swelling in her eyes.

"Uh," said Devin, June shoved him out of the way, "Welco— oh, uh," she said.
The girl sniffled, looking at both of them as Adrian walked into the hall. Her eyes quickly moved to Adrian.

"Hey," she yelled, Adrian quickly looked up from his paper and noticed her in the doorway.

"Cj," Adrian mumbled, his hands slowly starting to tremble against the papers. Cj pushed past Devin And June, running to Adrian.

"How did you— what are you— Cj," said Adrian, loosing his breath. He quickly wrapped his arms around her, running his hand through her hair.

"Adrian, I heard about the— the attack... only about thirteen died in it, half of them being the Dedix. They had a list of the missing people sent out in a "Wanted, Missing" sign," said Cj, sniffling and pressing her head on his shoulder, "I saw your name and didn't know what to do... The only person I knew who knows of our friendship is Marry."

"Cj," said June, straightening up and walking to them, "Marry is dead."

"June," said Devin, as Cj stared at her in shock then slowly started to whimper and cry. Adrian pulled her closer to him.

"June, Marry was like a mother to Cj," said Adrian.

"Well then she should have known," said June, turning around and storming off to her room.

"Cj, you can stay here," said Adrian, looking down at her. Cj looked up at him and nodded, then slowly left his arms. Suddenly a chair beside Devin shot out and rested beside Cj. She sat down and closed her eyes, tears still shining in the light. Devin stared at the chair and horror.

Adrian chuckled, "Devin, she's a Donepei, they can manipulate the elements..."

"Wood isn't an element," said Devin, watching from the chair, to Cj, then at Adrian.

"I can use air to push it to me," said Cj, keeping her eyes closed. Devin slowly looked away from the chair and at the window. Adrian stacked his papers neatly before heading off to his room. Stopping to knock on a door then slowly entering. He appeared back outside the room a few minutes later.

"Cj, this will be your room, it's not much, but it works."