Chapter Seven

I woke up screaming. Harry rushed to soothe me, stroking my hair, cupping my face in his hands. I gripped his arms like a vice, my nightmare replaying in my head; Mum had been there, but her beauty was detoriating and she turned into a corpse before my eyes, her skin sunk in on itself, her eyes rotted. The her body just exploded and I was covered in her blood and I felt like I could feel al her cancerou cells seeping into my skin. The dream had no measurement of realism but it still had me shaken up.

'Babe, Calm down!' Harry shook my shoulder but I didn't respong. Somewhere in my mind I realised I was hyperventilating.

'Elle, please! Calm down!' I stopped breathing entirely and slumped onto the bed, hearing Harry shout at me to stay awake just as darkness claimed me.

******

I woke to the sound of beeping. As I opened my eyes, I caught a glimpse of my friends being pushed away from my bedside as an overly-cheerful nurse greeted me. 

'Why hello there Sweetpea, you had us all in a right state. We're sure glad you decided to come back to us!' I didn't register her words, only that her voice was pissing me off.

'Can you not be so Happy? My mum just died.' The nurse stopped smiling immediately, offering me her condolences. 'I don't want your sympathy,' I spoke harshly and the young nurse flinched. 'What's wrong with me?'

A doctor came through the door and I sighed in relief. He was wearing blue scrub under a medical lab coat. 

'Well, you certainly did give us all a scare, didn't you?' I rolled my eyes and looked at him pointedly as he continued, 'You've been out for two days. You slipped into a shock-induced coma whilst in your bedroom with Mr Styles. I gather the reason was the loss of your mother? I'm sorry you have to carry that burden. Is there anyone else who needs to know about your mother's passing?'

'No,' I shook my head, 'My Grandpa already knows.'

'What about your father? Any Siblings?'

'No, my father walked out on us when I was four years old. The only sibling I had got stabbed when he tried helping a shopkeeper who was being robbed, a year later. I don't remember him at all though.' I shrugged, trying to act as if I weren't affected but a few tears slipped out, proving otherwise. The doctor came and sat on my bed. It was then that I noticed he wsa very young, and I wondered whether he was an inturn.  Harry didn't like the doctor, who was very attractive might I add, being close to me. The doctor seemed to sense Harry's annoyance but instead of moving away, he put his arm around my shoulders and squeezed me a little. This was going to far.

'Excuse me, Dr...'

'Marten. I'm Doctor Marten but you cn call me Andy.'

'Dr Marten,' I deliberately emphasized his professional name, 'Please may I see my friends now?'

'Of course Elle.' Harry was over before Doctor Marten had Stopped speaking. He enveloped me in his arms and crushed his lips to mine. I kissed him back and he smiled. We pulled away and I turned to the doctor who looked pissed.

'When can I leave?'

'You can go as soon as your discharge papers are cleared. You're showing no signs of a forthcoming relapse and you're a very healthy girl. You should be just fine.' He winked and left, calling to the receptionist for my discharge papers.

That's when Hannah came over to me. Her eyes were filled with tears and as she neared me, I saw them spill over and her body wracked with sobs.

'How? How could you not tell me straight away? You know I saw her as my mum too? Especially after Kendra treated me like she did! You know how you found me! Once Kendra knew that Louis left, she tried to sell me! You KNOW she did. You and your mum saved me. How could you not tell me...?' Her voice trailed off and she collapsed into my arms. We both cried until Dr Marten came back with my papers.