Chapter 2: Sally Face

(Y.N POV)

  After the dismembering sight  from downstairs I proceeded to pace in my overly decorated room. My feet stomped on the F/C carpet so hard I believed my mum could hear it. As I hoped because, I was yearning for attention. Knock knock. I opened the door with a swing. To my surprise it was indeed my mother, but not with the attention I hoped for.
    "Y.N?"
"Ya?"
     "I'd like you to meet someone. We met him at the store."
As my mom spoke the masked boy slumped near her, nodding at my posters and bed. Mom went on about how good we would get along, and how it was good for our health, and how we could help each other out. She talked a lot.
    "You two have fun." She said quickly and shut the door.
   Suddenly, the boy lent out a hand.

     "Sal." He said.
   I slowly took it. "Y.N" I replied.His mask stood out so well. I just had to ask.  "Prosthetic?" I flicked his mask, leaving him startled.

  "Yeah. Its required. Honestly wouldn't want to wear it but, psychiatrist says it may harm my subconscious or something."
   "I kind of like it. Makes you stand out. What happened? Dog fight?"

    Sal jerked and held his hand. "Rather not say."
His voice echoed all the words. It was muffled a good part of the time. But I could care less. This kid was growing on me already.

    "Mmm. Sorry. I know how it is with privacy." I stated, my mind drowning from what happened all of the sudden, followed by a whisper. "On account of privacy, what did you think happened in that room?"

      "Beats me. I was trying to find out all day!" Exclaimed Sal.
  I quickly held Sally's mask and hushed him.

   "Quiet, Sal! What if the Russians here us? What if the Mafia's behind this?" I twitched.

 He laughed at my joke. "Mafia? Shit, Y.N, the Mafia has nothing to do with this, I'll prove it." He echoed.
        The bloodstream in my face became warm.

   He snuck me carefully to the room where a cocky police officer stood, sipping his coffee as in imitating a 'badass'. "Who are you?" Sal asked.
   "I'm your fuckin' godmother what do you think? I'm here to guard the room, Jesus."
     "......"
"................"
"What happened?" I insisted.
The police officer snapped,
      "None of your goddamn business, slut. Scram."

  Sal grabbed my hand so I wouldn't put up a fight and turned the other way. As the police officer cursed words under his rotting breath.

    "Wow." Sal said, "What a keemstar."