Chapter 2: The Woods

May 14, 2014, Day 2

The sun came up and Chris was already up before me. Chris was putting the equipment together while I was just getting out of bed. I walked over to the kitchen to see what was left of the canned food. There wasn't much but there was just enough to last at least a couple hours. I opened the canned fruits and started to eat while getting finished packing. After Chris was finished packing and I was done eating we planned our escape root. Instead of going through the front and gathering the attention of the walkers we planned to go through the back door causing less of a distraction. We put the bags on our back and headed out through the back door keeping our eyes out for the walkers. There were woods behind the house so it was less of a chance to run into one of those walkers. We walked about one fourth of a mile into the woods then we saw someone walking and he wasn't infected. In the flash of a second an unknown person shot the man who was walking and the body fell.

"C'mon let's go!" I grabbed onto Chris pulling on his jacket behind a tree for protection. "Don't make a sound"

We hid behind the tree and waited for who ever shot the person to leave. The person shot the bullet towards where we were hiding.

"Shit, let's go!" Yelled Chris getting up about to run.

I followed Chris as the sniper kept shooting at us. We both were running as fast as we could with the luggage on our back. I'm ahead of Chris but he's not to far behind. The gun shots stopped so we started to slow down. We're out of breathe and exhausted we took out our water bottles and drank the whole bottle. We saw the sniper catch up to us but he wasn't alone, he was with what seemed to be his backup or team. I ran one way and Chris went the other way, but we didn't know that we split up. I turned around to see two guys with guns chasing me. I was thinking "where's Chris" but now it's not the good time to be thinking about Chris but the fact I'm getting chased by two guys attempting to kill me. I kept running as they followed behind. I suddenly stopped, I turned around to see if they were following me. They were gone. But I saw a couple of walkers heading my way. I pulled out my machete and then the two guys came up behind me and grabbed their guns then bashed it against my head knocking me to the floor. I look up to see the two guys who knocked me to the floor, killing the walking a who we're walking towards me. Soon after everything got dark and I passed out.