Chapter 8. Dark Claudia

"Hey, Sykes-o!" Sykes turned as Claudia advanced towards him like he was prey. "You and I need to have a little talk. I believe you remember Steve Jinks?"

"Not ringing a bell," replied Sykes.

"Think. He was smart. He was brave. He was amazing. You killed him." Claudia refused to let the tears roll down her face again. She needed to be strong. For Steve. He deserved this.

"Ah yes!" grinned Sykes. "The lie detector. Tell me, how was the funeral? I forgot to send flowers." Claudia screamed and ran at him, swinging the bat with all her might. Sykes dove out of the way. Instead, she hit a thick journal on the shelf directly behind where his head had been. It flew across the warehouse at an incredible speed, pages scattering every where.

"You could surrender now," Claudia said as she walked towards Sykes. "Maybe you won't die. Maybe I'll just torture you until Steve comes back." He looked up at Claudia, astonished. He began to laugh.

"You don't actually believe that you can reanimate Steve?" He roared with laughter, head thrown back, eyes closed. Claudia took this opportunity to hit Sykes right in the stomach with the bat. Sykes' laughter turned into shrieks of pain.

"Ooooo, that sounded like a broken rib. Possibly internal bleeding. Can't be sure though." She hit Sykes on the side with the bat. "What do you know? I was right! Broken rib and internal bleeding!" She leaned down to Sykes, who was moaning in pain. "What you're feeling right now," she whispered, "is what I'm feeling. Ever since you killed Steve. You just murdered him. Because you like killing. You like making people hurt." She pulled out her tesla from the back of her jeans. "I can't wait to see what the regents do with you." She shot the bolt from her tesla right into his heart. The second he was unconscious, Claudia sat down, and let the cries escape.

"Steve, I don't ever want to be like him," she whimpered. "But I liked making him hurt. I did." She lay down on the floor of the warehouse, sobbing. "Help me, Steve!"