Feelings just realised

Hayate's P.O.V.-

I was wondering if Ruka-san is having any problem that time. I don't think she had ever been late for her concert before. Her manager just confirmed that she was stuck in a huge traffic jam, so it would take her much time. I proposed them to bring her by bike, but they refused. Their reasoning was rather convincing, her make up would be ruined due to the speed. Moreover, I am not a mere audience today. I am waiting for her on the stage with my violin, yet another day. This time Hinagiku-san was on her side, so denial became impossible. Meanwhile the visitors had been tired of waiting. Today was also a prize distribution ceremony for a manga competition. Of course they would not want to wait here overnight.

The announcement surprised me. I was being bored but when I heard someone else to go to perform till Ruka's arrival, I felt energetic again. Seems it's she and she came here for the manga competition and herself offered to sing for sometime to prevent the audience from being more furious. I appreciated her decision, but at the same time I was not sure if I can play in a sync with her. Another announcement and it said only I was to accompany her as she was not fully prepared. I tried to tell the manager that I was never suitable for this but she turned a deaf ear to me. I had a feeling that the next one hour would be too troublesome.

Suddenly I stepped upon a wire connected with my violin unplugging it. So I was fixing it when the new girl entered into the stage. Not even a single person from the gallery was clapping that time. It was quite dark down there so I was having problem to find the wire, when she introduced herself.

It looked like the time stopped for a moment when I heard the voice, with much effort I managed to suppress a large scream coming out from my throat, 'Ojousama!' . No, Nagi. That moment flashed into my head, she is standing at a distance with a calm and soothing expression, turning her back towards me and describing me that in order to let her grow up, we must stay away. I had to loose my butlership that day.

But now, she is right in front of me. It can't be a dream, I am not that lucky to dream about her now and then. She really has come. Oh, the song has started. Wow, she is helping me to play by wavering her hands much like a conductor. Surprisingly I am also spontaneous with her. Just like I always felt at ease when she was around, except the time when the misunderstanding had been revealed.

Come to think of it, she really has grown a lot. She no more looks like a child, rather a gorgeous teenager. She looks even prettier now. She must be a responsible and mature mistress by now. What am I thinking about! She lost her inheritance and the right to enter in the mansion that day! But she seems no less than a princess of a trillionare family. Not to mention that her singing is so wonderful that no one is raged for the absence of Ruka now. Now I remember, the way she greeted the audience and coped up with her nervousness are worth praising. How wonderful a woman she has become by now!!

What, woman! Yes, she has no more the little sister aura around her. She seems so confident too. I know nothing about her now but it seems she has been able to grow a lot, much more than what I could ever imagine.

I could not feel how the time flew by so fast. I could not take my eyes off her, not even for a moment. Soon after she ended her performance, Ruka's arriving has been announced. I am dying to see her now and talk to her, but I have to concentrate on the show now. It is extremely disheartening but this show is the reason I could meet her today. Oops, I forgot about my next appointment. Hinagiku told me to help the authorities in the backstage after the performance ends. Seems I will be preoccupied with these for some time.

***

At last I became free. I had rushed and completed each of my works. But still I was late. The prize distribution had just ended by then.