Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop

This old coffee shop has been my extended home for quite a long time. This place is very close to my heart. This has been my workplace, my hangout space, or just my lone time site. I've discovered this coffee shop when I was in first year of college. I remember, I needed a place where I can work on my papers and luckily, I found this place.

Through the years, I've seen that many of the staffs of this coffee shop come and go, but one person never leave this place, and she's Jia, a friend of mine and the manager of this shop.

"Himala, wala ka yatang dalang laptop ngayon, Bea?" Jia said as I browse the pages of this magazine. I tilted my gaze to her. "Work stuff is so stressful!" I blurted out and took a sip from my frappe.

"Hay, sige maiwan na nga muna kita dyan, dumadami na customers eh. Tutulong lang ako." Jia stood from her seat, "Dapat lang na tumulong ka!" I said, chuckling. She made face at me and went to the counter.

When I finished browsing the magazine, I took a sip from my frappe and turned my gaze at the entrance door.

An angel sent from above... I... just c-can't take m-my eyes off of her...

She went straight to the counter and ordered something. It was Jia who accommodated her. Ang tagal ko nang tambay rito, ngayon ko lang siya nakita? What the hell?!

Hindi ko maalis yung titig ko sa kanya hanggang sa pag-upo niya. She was alone.

Dumating na yung order niya and it was Jia again who placed her order on the table. Lumingon naman sakin si Jia with a smirk on her face. I raised my left eyebrow, what the fuck is she doing?

"I saw your gaze at that girl. Tinamaan ka kay ganda no?" Jia teased. "Yeah, she's beautiful." I can't deny, na-love at first sight nga yata ako eh.

"Parang ngayon nga lang siya nadayo rito eh. Ewan? Sa dinami na rin nang na-encounter kong mga customers." Jia said. Natawa naman ako kasi parang kausap niya lang sarili niya. "Did you get her name?" I asked without looking at her because my eyes were captivated by that beautiful creature who's now sipping at her hot coffee.

"Hindi nga eh, diba nga hinatid ko yung order niya sa lugar niya?" Damn Jia bakit ngayon pa! I let out a deep sigh. Napasapo naman ako sa noo ko.

"You'll meet her soon, Bea."

Right when I saw that girl from the coffee shop I most loved, hindi na siya naalis sa isip ko. I picture her face and the scene when I first laid my eyes on her keeps on replaying on my mind. It drives me crazy. She's driving me crazy.

Nandito na naman ako sa coffee shop, tatambay or most likely hihintayin na dumating siya when suddenly Jia poked me.

"Oh aga mo ngayon ah? Hinihintay mo?" She teased me again. "Yes, Jia. I am waiting for her." Straight to the point kong sagot. She smirked at me. "Tinamaan ka nga talaga." Iiling-iling niyang sabi saka tumayo at dumeretcho na sa office ng shop.

I saw that beautiful lady again... but what the fuck;

She's with a guy? Ugh.

Sa sobrang pagkadismaya ko, tinuon ko na lang ang sarili ko sa pagbabasa ng librong kinuha ko sa shelf ng coffee shop na to. May boyfriend pala, walang pag-asa.