Chapter 14

These assignments are killing me. I thought they would be easy seeing as biology is my favourite subject and I'm good at it, but they're really hard. I have to do a ton of research and do reports and then there'a an experiment. I got Wes to help me on a lot of them, writing stuff down and researching while I type the report for the previous assignment.

I finish typing the second to last report and get up from my seat. We're in Wes' room so I go and lay down on his bed.

"Tired?"

"Very." I mumble into a pillow. The bed shifts as Wes sits down next to me.

"You can sleep for a bit, if you want."

"I should finish the last one before I go to bed. It'll make it easier for focussing on the legal stuff."

"Okay. I'm going to get a drink, want one?" I nod and go back to sit in front of the laptop.

I've figured out my last topic and have already started my rough notes by the time Wes comes back. He sets a bottle of water beside my arm and I smile at him.

"Thank you."

"Welcome." Wes leans down to kiss my cheek, so I turn and press my lips to his. I pull away after a while and go back to my work.

An hour and a half later and I still haven't written the good coppy of my report. This one requires more notes, outlines and rough drafts than any of the others. It's annoying and I can barely keep my eyes open.

"Mic, come to bed. You look dead tired babe."

"I'm almost finished, I'll go to bed when it's done."

"You can't even keep your eyes open long enough to type a sentence."

"I know," I save the drafts I have and close the laptop, "I'm coming."

"Good girl." Wes laughs at me and I roll my eyes before crawling into bed.

"Night, thank you so much for helping me these past few days."

"You're welcome Mic." I shift my body and move closer to Wesley. He places a kiss to my forehead and I smile.

"Night babe." I mumble as I lay my head onto his outstretched arm.

"Mmm, night." Wes pulls me closer to him and I quickly fall asleep to the sound of Wes singing Wake Me Up by Ed Sheeran.

**************************

The court date gets closer and closer and I keep getting more and more nervous. Everyone has been drilling it into my head that there's no possible way Derek can deny all the things he has done to me. Not with all the proof I have. And not with Wesley, Drew, Keaton, Laraine and Gary on my side.

I've really started to like Gary, he's so nice to me and never pushes me to talk about things I don't want to. He doesn't have a hard job to do on this case, or so he says, because I have so much evidence against Derek. It makes me feel a lot better knowing that.

"Only a few days now." Keaton says and I nod. I felt like I had been neglecting my friendship with him for a while, so we're out for lunch.

"Yeah."

"You're nervous, aren't you?"

"Very." I admit and take a sip of my tea, "But to be honest I do feel a lot better because of all Gary has done in the past week or so."

"He's very good at what he does."

"I agree."

We sit in silence for a while after our food comes. I really enjoy Keaton's company even though he is younger than me. We have a pretty solid relationship and I could easily call him my best friend, behind Wesley of course. He seems to understand me in a far different way than Wes and even Drew and I like how we are together.We sometimes act a bit childish, but we are mature 'young adults' most of the time. He makes this whole situation a lot better.