Chapter 20

this makes me sad bc this is the last chapter of this book and it just feels like the end of something... im crying, like a lot idk... oh and theres an important authours note at the end so please read it thanks yall!

Somehow in the mess of the craziness that has happened in the past few months, we all forgot about graduation. We forgot about the caps and gowns. The ceremony. The tears. The smiles. The cheering. The diploma that we worked so hard for over the past four years.

It all slipped over our heads and as June twenty sixth approached, we got even more lost.

Lost in the college acceptance and rejection letters. In final projects. In last minute begging to bump up our average. But most of all we got lost in each other.

Wesley and I spent every waking minute together, he taught me how to surf properly as soon as he got his cast off. We saw almost every new movie that came out. We ate too much ice cream for our body weight. Most importantly, I fell even more in love with him.

I didn't think it would be possible, for Wes and I to be together. It seemed so far fetched in my mind, it was just a silly little crush on a popular boy from school. And I was some girl that he didn't ever aknowledge in the hallways, or so I thought.

 *************************************

The fact that I am graduating high school today blows my mind. I never thought I would make it this far and I never thought I'd have the amazing support system that I do to get this far.

I'm getting dressed for the graduation ceremony when someone knocks on my door. I slip my dress over my head fully and walk over to the door.

"Hi." I say as I swing the door open to reveal Keaton standing in the doorway.

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"Nothing, just coming to see if you're ready. we have to leave in a few minutes."

"Yeah, I have to put eyeliner and mascara on quickly and I'll come down."

"Okay." He turns to go, but turns back, "You look good Mic."

"Thank you Keaton." He nods and walks off. I grab my make up bag and run across the hall to the bathroom. I apply my eyeliner quickly and do a coat of mascara before grabbing my purse and shoes from my room and running down the stairs.

"You look beautiful, do you have everything you need?" Laraine asks and I nod slowly, mentally going over everything I need.

"Yep, our caps and gowns are in the car. And I've got my purse, phone and shoes right here. I'm good."

"Okay, where is Wesley?"

"Right here!" Wes comes down the stairs quick;y with his tie undone and shirt unbuttoned, "I slept in. And I can't tie this stupid tie."

"Come here and let me help you." I giggle at his troubles as he steps closer to me. I carefully button his shirt the rest of the way and slwoly tie his tie. I can feel him watching my hands closely and I smile.

"Thanks." He whispers and I smile up at him as I finish.

"There you go." I make sure his tie is straight down his chest and pat it in place, "Very handsome."

"You're beautiful." Wes leans down and kisses my cheek.

"Thank you."

"Okay, let's get going guys! We don't want to be late, Drew and Keaton are already in the car."

 *************************************

The drive to the school was filled with excited talking and laughter and all I could think about was the nervous feeling growing in my stomach. I went between flipping my phone betweens my fingers and picking at the nail polish on my nails. My mind wandering to anything and everything to get myself to stop thinking about walking across the stage in front of all the people.