Chapter 5

Hi i hope everyone had a really good christmas and enjoyed being with their family! Thank you so much for reading this, enjoy this chapter :)

-Maddie

*****************************

I toss and turn, trying so hard to sleep but I can't. I keep thinking about Wesley and him being my knight in shining armour, as cliche as that is, its true. I sit up in the bed, which belongs to their older sister Brooke, I think, and throw the covers off and flop back down onto the bed and close my eyes, trying to fall asleep. I hear a light knock on the door and I jump slightly as it takes me out of my half asleep state.

"Michelle? Are you awake?" Keaton pokes his head in the doorway and I giggle at his crazy bed head.

"Yeah Keaton, whats up?"

"Can't sleep," he walks into the room and sits down on the bed with me, "You know he's not going to let you go back, right?"

"I figured as much. I just wish he never found out, you know?"

"Why not?"

"We could have just been friends, with no complications. Like him trying to protect me from Derek. I don't want to get Wes into any trouble, especially with my brother." I sigh and lean into Keaton's side.

"Wes is just like that though, he knew something was up and that you were afraid to tell him. He was going to be with you like all the time even if he didn't know."

"I hate this. Its all my fault."

"No its not Michelle. Don't say that."

"Look where I am Keaton! Sitting on a bed talking to you about my abusive brother and Wesley at like three AM! I should have just kept my mouth shut and never said anything. I should have never gone with Wes to my house. I shouldn't even be here, I need to go home." Keaton wraps me into a hug as I hold back my tears.

"We're not going to hurt you. None of us will judge you for anything, we don't think its your fault. Its not your fault. Just please don't go back without one of us. Please, promise me that you wont," I snuggle in closer and nod, "Say it, say 'I promise you Keaton that I won't go back home alone' please."

"I promise you Keaton that I won't go back home alone."

"Good," he squeezes me a bit tighter and I giggle at how cute he's being, "What? Why are you laughing?" He asks and I smile.

"You're just so cute and cuddly. You'd make like the perfect boyfriend."

"You think so?"

"Yup, just for a certain someone, named Kate."

"Oh, I see what you're doing here. Yeah well Kate was chill and seems really awesome so you never know." He kinda laughs and I smile up at him.

"Good to know Keaton. Oh and speaking about how you're cuddly, do you mind staying until I fall asleep?"

"Yeah, I'll stay." I snuggle up under the blankets and Keaton just sits there looking at me.

"What?"

"I get why Wes likes you."

"Huh?"

"You're really something special Mic." I smile at him before reaching over and hugging him tight.

"I know I am. But thank you Keaton, so are you. Now come cuddle because I'm tired." I laugh and snuggle up to Keaton before falling asleep almost right away.

*****************************

"Keaton! Mic! Get up!" Wesley shouts and I groan.

"No, tired." I slip further under the covers and groan when Keaton kicks me.