Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"COME ON, BARNEY!" Brianna yelled at my door.
"Hang on!" I yelled back. I stared into the mirror. I fixed my Little Mix tight tee shirt. I loved Little Mix. They were amazing. I opened the door and ran down the hall, stopping at the front office to grab my files.
"Hello, Tara!" Miss Telly said to me. She was the only one in the whole adoption home who didn't call me Barney. There's a bit of a story behind that. Well, not much, just that I have bright purple hair. Natural coloring, I know, cool, right?
"Hey!" I yelled behind me as I entered the lobby. I stood against the wall with my eyes closed, not wanting to see that nobody was going to adopt me. This same process happened every year. It wouldn't faze me if it happened again.
"Hello, Love. May we see your files?" A British accent asked. That made sense, considering we were in the middle of London. I handed the voice my files and I heard the rustling of pages. "Jade, she's perfect!" The first voice said.
"Let's go sign." the second voice, Jade I suppose, said. They both grabbed my hands and dragged me towards the office. I kept my eyes closed. A few minutes later Miss Telly spoke. "Alright, Tara, you are now named... Tara Edwards." She finished as I opened my eyes.
"Oh...My...Gosh." I said. "J-Jade and Perrie from Little Mix!"
"Yep, now Love, you can call me Mum!" Perrie said.
"And I'm Aunt Jade!" Jade said happily.
"You've also got Aunt Leigh-Anne, Aunt Jesy, and your 4 uncles and your Dad!" Perrie said.
"D-Dad?" I said hesitantly.
"Yep, soon you'll be Tara Malik, you just have to change your last name once Zayn and I get married." Perrie said.
"Which if I recall correctly, that's in about 10 weeks, right?" Jade said with a curiosity in her voice.
"We'll discuss that in the car." Perrie said grabbing my hand. We ran towards the car, not just any car, a Limousine! I gasped and the girls laughed. The chauffeur opened the door and we jumped in. I immediately landed on a bunch of people. I looked up and holy crap. It was Harry Styles, Niall Horan, and Louis Tomlinson. I regained my posture and sat next to Perrie. I looked around and saw Leigh-Anne and Jesy. They smiled at me.
"You okay, Love?" Perrie asked.
"Ye-yeah. I-I'm okay..." I said trying to convince myself rather than them. It was a short drive, then we pulled up to a mansion. No, not a mansion, it was as big as a castle! Everyone ran out of the car and into the house. I stood there gaping. Then I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I looked at who it was. It was Liam.
"Don't want the Paps to get you, Love." He said smiling at me. I was so tired, I was up at the crack of dawn, and the driveway was long. I was seriously fighting sleep.
"Sleep, I'll put you on the couch." Liam said quietly. I just weakly nodded in response. I fell into a deep sleep in Liam's arms, not being awoken when he laid me on the couch. I woke up 45 minutes later and sat up. I pulled my bright purple hair into a messy bun and walked into the kitchen.
"Hey." I said to everyone.
"'Ello!" Everyone responded. I looked around. Where was Perrie? Eh, whatever. I sat down at the counter and then was immediately pulled up by Aunt Jesy.
"What?" I asked her.
"Do you like Starbucks?" She asked excitedly.
"Yeah, but the adoption center hardly ever let us out." I responded.
"Let's go then!" Aunt Jesy replied happily. We skipped out the door and got in the car