Chapter 14

Chaos. That was all it was. After Niall said that to Jake, everything turned to chaos. The puppy was barking uncontrollably, The Little Mix girls were yelling at Niall, the One Direction boys, minus Niall, were talking amongst themselves, Jake was comforting me, and I was on the verge of tears.

“Niall! We know you’re jealous, but you have to stop it!” Jesy yelled, shutting everyone up.

“I am not jealous!” Niall yelled, standing up. “If anything,” Niall began, getting up in Jesy’s face. “Tara should be jealous! I mean, she can do so much better than that!” he yelled, pointing at Jake.

“Are you serious? I am not jealous, Jake is ten times better than you. He actually buys me useful gifts, like the puppy!” I yelled, grabbing the puppy in my arms. “C’mon, Jake. Let’s go into the living room. I carried the puppy into the living room and set her down. Jake followed me into the room and shut the door behind him.

“Tara, I’m so sorry about that.” He said, petting the puppy.

“It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault. Now, what should we name the little girl?” I replied.

“I’m not sure. I was thinking something like snowflake or Elsa, because of Frozen.” He replied.

“Elsa. I like it! Come here Elsa!” I said, and Elsa wagged her tail and trotted on over to me.

“She likes it!” Jake said, laughing as the pup tried to roll over, but failed. All 3 of us stopped as we heard a commotion outside. It was everyone yelling at each other. I grabbed Elsa and carried her to the couch. Jake followed and sat next to me.

“I feel like it’s all my fault.” I said, leaning into Jake’s chest.

“Don’t worry,” He replied. “Niall is just a jerk. Elsa and I surely fill that space in your heart.”

I blushed, sure that for the first time in my life, I was in love.