Chapter 12

**1 Year Later**

It's been one year since Niall and I broke up. I've gotten over it, and I figured out why he wanted to talk to me so badly. He was about to cry when we were in the phone call, and when I bumped into him on the street a month after the call, I figured out why. So apparently him cheating on me was a publicity stunt at first to have the band gain more attention. He explained that once he started to "date" Demi he realized he had feelings for her. He tried to explain to me that once he sent that text to me he realized how much more he loved me and how much more he wanted to date me rather than Demi. Of course, I was angry. I didn't really like the fact that he broke up with me, then tried to get back with me. It's ridiculous. I just didnt know what to do, so I lied. I said that I had a new boyfriend, when really I didn't. I then ran back to Perrie and Jesy, I was with them because we went shopping, and we left. I explained to them what had happened, and they were unhappy as well. We eventually made it home and I ran to my room to figure things out. I lay in the same spot, 1 year later.

“Tara! Your boyfriend is here!" Jesy yelled. I jumped off my bed and ran to my mirror to fix my hair.Jake was here, and he was coming over to have dinner with me, Little Mix, and One Direction. I opened my door and began to run downstairs, all the while worrying about what Niall would think of him. Little Mix and 4/5 of One Direction had met him, so I was nervous about what Niall would think.

"Jake!" I yelled, jumping off the last 3 stairs. I ran to give him a hug.

"How are you? I've missed you!" He replied.

"I'm great! Even better now that you're back from Iraq! It was like, 742 days since I've seen you last!" I yelled. We began to make our way to the kitchen, where everyone else was. Including Niall. Jesy followed us, occasionally giggling at our "Lovie-dovieness" as she called it. We made it to the kitchen and I exclaimed.

"Everyone, listen up. JAKE HAS COME BACK FROM IRAQ!"

"Welcome back, Jake!" Little Mix yelled.

"Hey, Mate!" Liam, Louis, Harry, and Zayn yelled. I was so happy that they accepted Jake, then I looked over to Niall. He had such an angry look on his face and it made me so happy that I was getting revenge that I turned around and kissed Jake. Niall finally spoke up and broke our kiss.

"So, uh. How did you guys meet if he was in Iraq?" He asked.

"Well, I came home for holidays and I met Tara through St. Jude's Children's Hospital, where we both volunteer." Jake answered. I giggled and hugged him.

"Oh. Cool." Niall said, narrowing his eyes and giving me a death glare.

A/N MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE! This will be the last chapter until December 26th, I think! I tend not to keep my word recently and i end up updating earlier than I said! But I will definatly be updating again soon! Love you all and have a safe holiday!

XOXO,

Kenny