chapter 3: The Frost Contract

The Frost family is one of the oldest magical families in existence, Frost industries has been around since the start of the twenty first century, started by Mike Frost, and his wife, Samantha Frost, around 25 years ago, they have steadily grown in size and now have a foot hold in every single council on the planet, and here was their daughter, standing in front of me, with her long blond hair flowing down past her shoulders, and her deep ocean blue eyes, in a T-shirt that barely seemed to contain her breasts, and skinny jeans that hugged her legs in all the right ways, "Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you miss?" "Frost, Madison Frost, and you are?" she says looking me over, "That's Al, the Mercenary you personally requested." Jack says from behind her. "So this is the amazing Algaliarept, you come highly recommended." She says, "I hear you never fail to complete a contract. That true?" she asks looking me over again. "Damn straight it's true, I never fail to complete a contract." I reply. She looks at me and smiles "Good, I want to make a contract for you to act as my personal bodyguard for the gala tomorrow evening, my head of security believes that a group of supernatural assassins is targeting me." she says turning and walking over to the chair in front of Jack's desk. "Miss Frost, all due respect, is there any proof that you are being targeted?" Jack asks, leave it to my boss to find out as much information as possible, "Yes, over the last few months, multiple Frost industrie warehouses have been broken into, none of the items from them have been stolen, however in each warehouse one of my division managers was found murdered." she says, pausing to wipe away the tears starting to pool in her eyes, "I know you may not believe this but I take pride in developing close friendships with my employees, every one of the dead managers were very good friends of mine, I want to find out who did this, why they did it, and I want them to pay." she said looking up at me, looking at her I could tell from the subtle heartache in her eyes that she was telling the truth. Looking at her, Jack says "Miss Frost. I don't think Al wants to..." "I'll do it." I say holding up a hand to silence Jack. "You will?" they both say at the same time. "Yes, can see it in her eyes, she genuinely cares for the people who died. Miss Frost, i will accept your contract." I say holding my hand out to her. "Thank you Algaliarept, and please, call me Maddie." She says taking my hand and shaking it. "Well then Maddie, please call me Al." I say smiling at her and opening the door for her. "Al, be careful." Jack says to me as I go to follow Maddie, turning back to him I nod, "Aren't I always boss?" With that Jack chuckles and waves me off. Turning back I step out of the office and close the door following Maddie downstairs, "Do you need to pick anything up?" she asks looking at me. "From here? Nah, my stuff is back at my apartment." I say smiling at her and leading her towards the front doors. "Shit, thats not good." she says under her breath. "Whats wrong?" I ask as she nods towards the crowd of reporters outside. "I can't let my parents know I hired a outside Mercenary, they would be furious." she says looking down as her face turns red. "And my car is outside in the parking lot." she says getting even redder. "Don't worry, we can take my car." I say taking her hand and leading her through a couple doors and down a few hallways until we enter the garage. "Wow, which one is yours?" she asks looking around the garage. "This one right over here." I say walking over and sliding behind the wheel of a slick black 1967 impala. "Oh my...is that a classic?"she says looking the car over, lifting the hood and looking at the engine. "Oh my god this is the original engine isn't it?" she asks. "Yeah everything is original, the body, tires, and windows are bullet proof though and tinted so they can't see inside the car." I say smiling at her, "I must say, i'm impressed little miss Frost know anything at all about classic cars." I say grinning as she turns red again. "This will work." she says, turning away and sliding into the passenger seat and looking at me. "You ready to go?" I ask her, "Sure." she says and I can't help but smirk as AC/DCs "Highway To Hell" came on the radio, reaching down and turning it up as we drive out of the garage and merge into traffic heading towards my apartment. "Where are we going?" she asks. "To my apartment, I need to grab my things" I reply as we pull into the driveway. "Fair enough." she says as she turns around and goes back to looking out the window at the passing buildings. Reaching over and placing my hand on her knee I gently squeeze, "Hey don't worry, we will find the people responsible for hurting your friends. I promise." "I know we will, but how many more of them are going to die before we do?" she says as we pull into the parking lot for my apartment complex. "Umm, Al. Is your apartment on fire?" she says looking out the window. "What do you mean?" I ask turning to see the my entire 3x3 apartment complex was on fire. "Oh shit." I say getting out of the car.