Chapter 11: Mike Frost

As we pull up to the front doors a group of women in blue medical scrubs run out, picking Kyle up and rushing him inside to the medbay so Rachel can work her magic. Talking with one of the medics i explain to her what happened, nodding to me she runs off to join the others. Turning back to the car i glance at Madison. "Maddie, come on we need to get inside" i say, opening her door and helping her out "Madison, we need you in the meeting room, it's your dad" Destiny says over the comlink. "Dad? Why would he be calling?" Maddie says looking up at me, "don't ask me, i've been avoiding your family for years" i say as we walk into the building and into the elevator. "Oh my god, there were reporters at the party, they probably got video of us all working together" Maddie says, looking up at me. "Eh none of us used our Fallen powers so we should be ok" i say smiling at her as the elevator doors open and we step through, walking towards her office, "Al what if they somehow figure it out, they will banish you all" Maddie says looking up at me, stopping i grab her arm and pull her to me wrapping my arms around her, "Maddie calm down, it will be fine i promise" i say smiling at her. "Yeah, you're probably right, i'm sure it will be fine. Besides if things get too heavy i can tell him i want to wait for Kyles recovery" She says, smiling as she slips out of my arms and we walk into the meeting room. Stepping through the doors, Maddie goes over and keys open the holo-link as her father's figure appears in the space in front of the console. "Ahh, Maddie how nice to know that you are ok after what happened at the party yesterday" Mike frost says nodding to maddie. "its nice to know you care dad. i'm fine honest" maddie says bowing slightly to her father. "yes, well that is good now then. would you mind explaining why there appears to be a group of people defending you that are not a part of the family security team?" Mike asks, as a video of the attack pops up on screen. "father i can expla..." "NO! i don't want your excuses. i want to know who these people are. and what they are" he says cutting maddie off. "those people. are myself and my team. and we are the people who did what your personal security force failed to do, not just once, but twice." i say, stepping into view. "what who are yo..." Mike starts to say as i cut him off. "no you wait for me to finish Frost. the other day your daughters facility was attacked by supernaturals using Frost industries weapons. they had a bomb made by your company. and they impersonated two of your inspectors. my team and i dealt with the situation and kept anyone from getting hurt. your daughter asked us to work with her security team to make sure that doesn't happen again." i say glaring at him and smirking at his reaction to being interrupted. "So. before you start yelling at her. maybe you should find out the whole story. Sir" i say as i step back beside Maddie. "i...you are right, Maddie i am sorry. i should not have gotten angry." Mike says bowing his head to Madison. "Father it is ok. i have to go. Kyle got hurt. i need to be there to make sure he is ok" Maddie says nodding to her Father. "yes you are right. go on. i would like to speak with this Al fellow" Mike says. nodding as she turns around and walks out of the conference room. "you have my thanks Algaliarept, if not for your team i have no doubt Madison would not be here." Mike says bowing his head to me. "Sir. your daughters heart lies with those she works with. it is a very rare thing to find in a business person these days." i say. "very true. i will look into these thugs using Frost industries equipment. please continue to keep her safe" Mike says nodding to me as the holo link snaps off. "don't you worry bout a thing. she's in good hands" i say as i walk out of the office and down to the medical wing.