3: Just visiting

*Jack's P.o.V*

It hurts even more.
I didn't think that being alone would hurt me so much but I guess that being with others made me feel accepted and since I've been with them so long, I got used to it.
"No matter," I think to myself, "I'll just give them some time."
It's been a while since I've spent time just to fly in the wind. It feels liberating and refreshing. This is what I needed right now.
Since North's place is at the North Pole, it's easy to go anywhere so I decided to go Burgess, Jamie home town. I need to talk to someone other than the Guardians right now.
I get to his house and by this time it's already night, but instead of going into his room through his window right away, I hesitate.
"What if I'm not welcome?" I question to myself, "What if he's mad at me for leaving so suddenly?"
Well, too late for that, I'm already here. I genly push on the window, causing frost to appear on it. My fear is making my powers very sensitive right now, but I know Jamie can help me. I slowly open the window, expecting to see Jamie asleep in his bed but I see an empty room instead. I almost panic.
"What if he moved and this isn't his room anymore?" My thoughts run rampant in my mind, but they're settled once I notice the familiar things in Jamie's room. He still has the drawing of him on the sled from way back, before he knew I existed.
I sit down on the window sill, breathing in the air in his room, which brings back all the wonderful memories we made together. I wonder if I'll recognize his after so many years apart.
But before long, the door to his room opens, and enters Jamie, clutching himself. I guess I made it much cooler in his room by opening the window in the middle of winter, or maybe it's my powers again, acting on their own.
"Jack..." Jamie whispers. He smiles.
"Hey Jamie," I say, trying to sound normal, "I guess you still keep your window unlocked."
"In hopes of you coming to see me again." He replies.
"Well," I chuckle with a smile, "Here I am."
I lightly step onto the floor of his room, making the dark coloured wood creek a bit under my weight. Jamie takes a few steps hesitantly towards me, closing the distance from his door to the window, from him and me. He then jumps at me and hugs me, wrapping his arms around my torso.
"I missed you so much, Jack." He says through tears. "I'm so glad you came back."
I wrap my arms around his neck, returning the hug.
"Ya, me too." Now I feel myself welling up with tears. "You're the only person I wanted to talk to right now."
"What's going on, Jack?" Jamie realizes that something's off with me. "Are you doing okay?"
"Ya, I'm okay." I lie, trying to seem like things are fine.
"Jack please, you seem the farthest from okay." He answers with genuine worry in his voice.
"I... I just need a place to stay for now." I try to make an excuse but that response only begs more questions.
"But don't you stay with North's? What happened between you guys?"
I decide to tell him part of the truth. "We had a disagreement and I left to let things cool off."
"Jack," Jamie starts crying again. "Please don't hide anything from me. I just want to help you right now."
"Of course." I reply with tears of my own. "Thank you, Jamie."