Difference

I was always different, my mask tore me apart from the crowd. I was the outcast of the school, a freak, a nobody.
I did have one friend, Ashlie(Ashlie9596). She was the only one thats stuck with me for-almost my whole life. She was my only friend, really.
I never had the best life, I was never the best at the whole...life thing. I never succeeded at anything, I never played sports, and I never really had any friends. The only thing I was good at was music...
At a young age, I learned to play the harmonica, a few years back I taught myself how to play the piano, and a couple months ago I finally got the hang of a guitar. So, I guess I was going somewhere in life...
"You ready for class?" Ashlie approached me, putting her hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah, I guess." I looked into the small history class. "I just wish I could've stayed at home today."
"What? Why?" Ashlie stood in front of me. "You don't wanna leave me alone to fend for myself, now, would you?"
"Yeah, but, at least you'd have Cory to keep you company." I reminded her.
"But, Cory's not in any of my classes." Ashlie whined. "I only see him at lunch."
"And your point is..." My voice trailed off.
"Tom?" Ashlie faint voice ran through my head. "Tommy? You good?"
Once I was out of my trance, I realized that was staring at someone; a taller, darker boy with glasses...