Nick's Dad

"Get down here!!" I heard my mom yell.

"Okay." I never liked fighting with my mom, so I wasn't gonna disagree. "Coming!"

I had a feeling I knew what was coming, but I knew I couldn't ask. I finally got down the stairs, and I was immediately pulled into the kitchen. "Get in here."

My mom held a knife close to her chest. "You ready?"

"I guess?" I knew what was going on, and I didn't like it. "I won't- I don't want this to-"

"Shush!" my mom cut me off. "What if I knocked you out? Would that be good?" my mom asked sarcastically, pointing the knife at me face.

"Kay, just do it..." I held out my arms for my everyday routine. quickly, my mom slit one arm, then the other. It was never my choice to do this, but I know my mom could do much worse than just my arms.

"Tommy." my mom said sweetly.

"yeah, mom?" I looked at her bony face, then her cigarette in-hand. "What is It?"

"Tell your Father, he's a dick." my mom fell to the ground.

"WAT THE FUCK?!"

^earlier that day^
Nick's POV:
"Where are you going, young man?" My dad stopped me before I could leave.

I sighed. "Dad. I'm old enough to leave without telling you. Besides, I have my phone."

"Yes, but, what if you get into trouble?" My dad got up from his chair.

I stepped closer to the door. "What kind of trouble? Depends, really."

"What if you're raped? Or killed? Or- or-" He gasped. "Or worse, what if a male rapes you?"

"Oh. My. God. What is it with you and gay people?" I started to get annoyed. "Why are you so homophobic?!"

"We were put on this earth to have children, who can grow up in a good environment. No child should grow up with parents of the same sex, it's unholy, Nicholas!"

I started to laugh at how stupid this conversation was. "You're unholy, dad. But, anyway, I'm gonna go meet up with one of my friends, so I'll be back whenever."

"Whenever is fine, Nick." my dad sat back down in his chair. "Love you."

"Love you, too." I closed the door with a smile on my face. "I think I'm really getting through to him."