Nick's Escape

Ashlie's POV:
I walked through the door of my house with my bag, and I was immediately hit with a couch cushion. "WHAT THE F-"
"Watch your mouth!" Mom yelled from the kitchen.
"Sorry." I mumbled loudly.
Once again, I was hit by a couch cushion my brother threw. "No mumbling! How does your small brain not get it?"
I walked up the stairs to my room, not saying a word. I got to the top of the stairs unharmed.
I walked to my small room, and closed the door. "Finally. This house is hell on earth." I heard a sigh escape me.
"Tough here, isn't it?" A voice came from my bed. "Your brother would not stop hitting me with couch cushions. I'm surprised they didn't call the cops."
"Cory?" I sat on the bed next to him. "What are you doing here?"
"Well, when you didn't show for our date, I thought you died. So I came here. Your family said they didn't know where you were, so I ran up here. Your brother's very violent. And, they don't  know who I am, so why didn't call the cops on me? I could've stolen something for all they know."
"They don't believe in the cops." I began. "My mom says 'we don't take hand-outs from the man'."
"But what if you get kidnapped?"
"She doesn't even want me, she wouldn't care." I looked down at my feet.
"Well, when she said she didn't know where you were, she didn't sound to panicked." Cory considered my answer. "But, that's still awful. She should care!"
"They wanted a boy. Not a girl."
"They have a boy." Cory pulled me in closer.
"No, they wanted two boys." I explain.
Cory brushed my hair off to the side. "Ashlie?"
"Yes?"
"Come live with me."
Nick's POV:
I circled my room, trying to think of what to do. My dad grounded me for giving him the truth. I didn't even do anything wrong!
Who sits around all day making up a lie like that?! I have to escape.
I went to my window, and unlocked it. I yanked it open, there was no time to lose.
The wind entered my room as I looked at the surroundings below me.
Not too far of a drop, perfect.
I climbed out the window and hung off the window sill. My hands let go, and I dropped.
Ashlie's POV:
"What?" I stood up. "I can't!"
"Why not? What's stopping you?"
"But you're parents?" I knew his parents wouldn't hide me in their house. "I don't think they'll want to become Jehovah's Witness Protection just for 'your girlfriend'!"
"Ash, we don't have to go there." Cory tried to calm me down.
"Then where?"
"I got a house- er- an apartment."
"How?"
"I have a job, remember? As an assistant morgue worker?" Cory held my arms.
"Yeah.." I calmed down a little. "Cory..?"
"Yeah, Ash?" Cory loosen his grip a little.
"I'll move in with you."
Nick's POV:
I walked around the house to go my car. My dad, as usual, fell asleep in his chair, so I was free to drive anywhere I wanted. But where?
Tommy's. He'll never find me there. Sorry, dad, but I have my own plans.