Chapter 17

I nervously stand up, and hear whispers. "Um... Hi?" I feel my face getting more red by the second.  "Where are you from," Ms. Potter asks. "New York." "Very nice. You may sit down now." I quickly sit down. "Don't worry about them," Simon whispers, "they just have to get to know you first." "Thanks," I whisper back. When the bell rings, everyone floods out of the room. "See you around, Ronnie," Simon says. "Bye." A few seconds later, Zach walks up to me. "Ready to go?" "You bet," I smile. I'm going to save the details for another time, but it was long and boring. Not much happened at school, except for at lunch. Should I tell you about what went down? Yeah, I guess I should, otherwise you'd be confused for the rest of the story. I'm not sure of where to start, so I'll start with the end of the class right before lunch. Zach and I were in Music class, my favorite class of the day. We have this class with a girl named Amber. Zach told me to stay away from her because she was really mean, so I did. I caught her staring at me a couple times. "Why does she hate me," I whisper to Zach in between practicing songs. "I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I overheard Ashley, one of her friends, saying that Amber likes me." "Oh, ok." "But don't worry, I have you, and you have me. I'll protect you from her, and anything that may cause you harm," he says. I'm sorry, but I think my heart just melted.